My day started very early. I left my house at 6:30 to drive to Sierra Vista. It is so far south, that when you are driving back to Tucson, you have to go through border patrol. Why did I leave so early and drive to Mexico (not literally)? For school of course. I shadow a mentor that teaches all the way out there. To be honest, I had NO DESIRE, to drive 1 and half hours to sit in a classroom all day. I ended up loving it though. My mentor is the best!! She was so friendly and made it fun for me!
My site I was assigned is a high school. It was an unfriendly welcome back and made me grateful I went to MHS! The football players were jerks, everyone running into you, they actually had lockers, couples making out in every corner, and kids swearing left and right. I did not like the environment, but observing the classroom was still wonderful.
So since my junior year of high school, I have had a desire to go to general conference. With school, I just never thought it could work out, so I never brought it up to my parents. Well last October and April, I finally said something! My family had no luck getting tickets though. We tried again for this year, but still no luck. Last night, I had the feeling I should just ask on facebook if anyone had any!
My prayers were answered. A girl in my ward happened to have 8 tickets she no longer wanted. I texted my mom, hoping I could at least go, even if they couldn't.
During my lunch break I received this email...
GUESS IM FLYING TO UTAH!!! Come to find out, my family decided we wouldn't ever get tickets all together ever again, so we are taking a family trip! I'm so excited!!!! The thought of going kept me up all night and has been on my mind all day!
After I came home and got to breathe for a bit, we went to the YSA/ 5th ward activity. I wasn't in a very social mood (that happens when I'm stressed), so I pretty much just stuck with my roommates/missionaries. It was still fun though "hanging out"!
Annabeth started it!!
Then the girls.
Then the missionaries had to get in on the fun!
Now Steph and I are on a movie date (Syd went to Vegas and Annabeth is with boyfriend). Plus we went to dinner together before the activity, so it really is a date!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment