Flecks of Gold

Thursdays are definitely busy days, I tend to feel a bit overwhelmed at the start of the day. I have to write out everything I need to do the night before, or I just can't sleep. Luckily I got everything done and some good happened as well!

1. I went to institute and it definitely lifted my spirits. We watched a mormon message, about a guy looking for gold during the gold rush. Here is the link if you want to watch it, it is good whether or not you are a member, or churchy!

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-09-016-flecks-of-gold?category=mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2011

Anyway, the guy is looking for nuggets of gold but all he can find are flecks. He soon realizes that collecting the small flecks of gold are what eventually leads a ton of gold! I realized that in life, we often look for a big event to make us happy. Or we just think, if that one thing in our life was different, it would be better. In reality, appreciating all the small things is what will bring us happiness daily. It allows us to laugh or at least smile, through any rough day! This was a great reminder for me during my stressful day!

2. I wrote a Sheridan a letter 6 days ago, and I haven't heard anything back. She has been gone 8 days now, so I anticipated to get an email sometime this week. I texted her momma and Kelley to see if they have heard anything. I was really bummed. Well today, while i was studying during a break, I GOT AN EMAIL!!!!!


I started reading it, and just couldnt hold back the tears. She is doing SO GOOD!!! All her worries are gone, and she is LOVING it! Her companion is her bosom/kindred friend! They are spastic together, but still work so hard!! I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!! I loved every minute of her email. Definitely brightened my yet again! 

3. The following wasn't so great for me... Right before my class started, I got on Facebook. That was a mistake. I received this message. 


In case you can't read it, I was asked to teach the Relief Society lesson, THIS SUNDAY! Yikes!!! That is not my thing! I like people, and I don't mind getting up but I hate the stress of planning and waiting to give it! Wish me luck and send your prayers my way! I'll need em all! 

4. My assignment and quiz got postponed!! Plus my last class of the day got out 45 minutes early!! 

5. Steph suggested we go to Cold Stone and I of course agreed. 



So amongst all my stress, there is still good! THANK GOODNESS! 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top