You Think You Hate Mondays? Think Again!

Sunday. 

My dear friend, Shanna had her farewell. She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Her compassion and love for people will certainly be a helpful tool on her mission!


After Shan's farewell, we went to another farewell/homecoming! The church building was packed! The back was open, and still full. It was fun to see friends, and hear them speak! Brennan and Blake both did an excellent job! 

Vanita ended up coming home with me, but we soon realized we were locked out! Thank goodness for texting so my dad could tell me the new garage code while in church!! A few hours later, it was finally dinner time, and then I was off to Tucson. 

When I got to my Tucson home, there was a party at my house, typical. My roommates are all about having people over, and I love it! It is good for me, helps me get a break from life. 

Side note: While I was driving back, I started thinking about just how good my life is right now. I am seriously just so happy. I feel so loved whether I'm in Tucson or Mesa. My friend group has changed a lot since last year, but I am so grateful for each and every friend. I just even know what else to say, LIFE IS JUST GOOD! 

Monday. 

Before starting today, I knew it was going to be a looooong day! I then rememberd something Sarah King posted last Monday. She said, "If you hate Monday's then you hate 1/7th of your life. So think again". Then hit me right between the eyes. I decided I was going to make it a good day!

I woke up at 6 to register for one of my classes only to find out my registration is next week. I was not too pleased to be awake. I did get to go back to sleep for 40 minutes though! Then I had my usual Monday morning meeting. Right when I got home, I had to get ready to observe ASDB (the deaf school's) Preschool. I wanted so badly to just go back to sleep, go grocery shopping or get stuff done but now I am so glad I went! Those kids were the cutest thing!! 

There is a deaf student with has hearing parents that don't really know any ASL. So school is how he learns language. He usually doesn't participate, but today I got to witness him reach out to a student that was crying, and sign to her. It was the sweetest thing. 

Seeing those little hands sign is just tender. 

Right after the preschool I had to zoom over to Miles. 

I seriously had no time, I had to go through a drive thru and eat while driving. (That was my first time eating out since school has started that wasn't for a social event). 

After Miles, I got to come home for an hour to grab some things and breathe for a second. 

I was finally able to wish Kelley a happy birthday and read Sher's email. 

1. I love Kelley so much. For any of you that don't know, we've been friends since we were 3. I was blessed to grow up with her as my neighbor, dance/studio buddy, ward/mutual buddy, carpool buddy, school buddy... any type of friend you need in life, she was it. We spent a lot of time together, and I am so grateful for that time! She is a gem! I always miss her and those fun times when I come to Tucson, but I know Eric is taking care of her. :) 

2. Sheridan's email cracked me up! Mainly because I recieved this. 




Poor Sher had to cut a chicken's head off. I would have refused so props to her!! 

My hour break went way too fast, and soon I was off to a meeting. 

By the time my meeting was done, I didn't have time to go home and make myself dinner, so once again, I had to eat take out. I am definitely paying for it now. 

So I have the opportunity to go to Ecuador during the summer but I'm not sure how I feel. I think it would be an awesome experience, but 2 people have now told me it is not safe. Guess I will have to look further into it!

My major never does anything like this, so I'm pretty lucky it is even offered. We would spend one week at a deaf school, and the last week touring. Plus I would get credit!! 

I will figure it all out, no worries. 

Overall, my attitude change about Mondays was successful! That is what made me keep going all day!! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top