Cancer Sucks.

I was inspired by Stephanie Nielsons blog to write a post in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I have a few different encounters I would like to share....

1. My senior year, my dear friend, JaKelle, passed away after being in the hospital for 3 months. It was not from cancer, the doctors to this day still don't know what was inflicting her. It started with pneumonia, but later took a turn for the worse. The whole time she was in the hospital, I would receive daily updates about how she was doing. Each day was different. Some days she would be improving, then the next minute I would get a text saying she is going into surgery. Can you imagine that stress of not knowing what to expect. I remember I was so confused. I had faith that God was in control, but what do you prayer for in those moments? It was a really traumatizing time, although I am so grateful for my deeper relationship with my Father in Heaven, and my greater appreciation for the atonement. The atonement was my rock that gave me strength as well helped me KNOW her passing away was not the end.

From this experience, I also have had a deeper understanding when someone has a loved one pass away, or battling something life threatening. My heart just aches for them, because I understand to an extent of how they feel. You know you will see them again, but it still hurts. Basically, anyone suffering anything just feels so close to home. I hold it dear to my heart and just want the loved ones to know just how loved they are.

2. Last year, I got to participate in something called Relay for Life. It is a walk that is 24 hours along. It was an amazing experience, and although JaKelle didn't pass away from cancer, she still had a great battle. So I was walking in memory of her and the great strength she had.




3. My Great Uncle has been battling cancer for quite some time. He has been struck by lightning twice, and now that is catching up with him. 

4. My neighbor has been battling cancer in his throat for a few months now. His family has definitely helped raise me, and I owe them the world. 

5. Lastly, I have grown up dancing with a girl named, Sarah King. My senior year, her sister was diagnosed with breast cancer, and has been nothing but brave. This video was posted this morning and I would just like to share it. It is very moving and powerful. I don't personally know Barb, but she is such an inspiration. Watch this video. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJrvLZD8aE&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXJJrvLZD8aE%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop


May we all have courage in this life, no matter what we are battling.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top