Shine Like The Sun

I am still feeling sick, so I don't have much to relay about my day...

Instead I want to share what I've learned/been uplifted by!

1. My talk on Sunday was about President Boyd K Packer's conference talk. I thought really long and hard about what I should address in sacrament. I prayed 2 weeks before conference started to know which talk. As I pondered, and prayed after conference, I could not dismiss the feelings I had during Packer's talk. So I decided I need to address his talk.

His talk was about amongst all wickedness, there is safety in a gospel-centered home. The rest of the talk, he addresses how we can create that.

To prepare, I did a lot of studying and pondering about how I need to create a good foundation and home where the spirit can dwell.

Well tonight as I was reading, that was the theme once again. The very first verse I read talked about a mother being an elect lady because she raised her children "walking in truth". It made me so grateful for my mother and the way she has raised me and my siblings.

In thinking, most of my life lessons/testimony builders were more from my mother's example than her words. I learned how to love and serve because of her. Everyone loves my mother and it is because she loves. I have always had a goal of being like her.

If I want my (future) children to be close to God, I need to always be close to Him like my mother.


2. My quote of the week was "pause to help and lift another" (hymn 220, Lord I Would Follow Thee), but now I also like this...

In describing Jesus it says, "His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength".

I just love that!! When we were baptized, we took His name upon us. I hope to become like Him and shine like the sun in my countenance.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top