Conference Weekend.

I have lots of pictures to share, so I will relay my experience through pictures. Oh and I'm sure this will be a very long post! 

Friday

So we flew as a family to Utah for General conference. 








This is Alison running through the airport halls throwing up her backpack. She was so excited but I think mostly excited to be off the plane. 

She is a cutie. 



Later that night, we went to pick up Alexis, from Jon's (Elder Bown) house. She is a girl in my ward, that was going to stay with me for the weekend. I didn't really know her very well. The only thing I really knew was that she was a recent convert. Well that night we ended up staying up talking til 1, and read scriptures together. Needless to say, I love her!


Saturday. 

The first session of conference was amazing but I was just so excited to get to go! I was all dressed with my hair and makeup done! I missed the last talk, President Uchtdof's because I was driving to the conference center. From what I've heard, I will definitely need to go listen to it ASAP!

Well anyway, Jon and his friends picked us up and drove us over to the conference center. While we were waiting, Kyle (Jon's friend), spotted Sister Dalton (the previous General Young Women President)! So of course I made them take a picture with me! So upon meeting her, my love for her increased even more! I thought I was a happy person, but she just beams! Imagine if every got a daily dose of Sister Dalton, there would be a lot more happiness in this world! She is amazing.



Then the pictures just continued. 




Alexis and I. 


I soon had to separate the group, and found other Tucson friends! 




So can I just say how amazing it is to actually be at conference. 

I had some favorite moments/feelings while there. 

1. When the prophet walked in, and everyone stood up. The spirit was so strong, and my testimony of him as a prophet increased even more. 

2. Being able to actually sustain the prophet, apostles, and all the presidencies in person. So powerful. 

3. Singing the rest hymn with the whole congregation. I just felt so much peace and hope. I had chills the minute it started. I couldn't even sing the first line, because I was too chocked up. I felt like we were all in this together, shooting for the same goal of becoming like God, and returning to him. 

4. It felt like every single talk was just for me. I am excited to read all of them again. 

This experience of going to conference was easily on my top 3 most spiritual experiences (the others being when I received my patriarchal blessing, and JaKelle's funeral). 


Later than evening, I went to visit Sarah! Boy am I glad I did! I missed her so much!! She hasn't been in the good AZ for more than 2 weeks, since Freshman year. Needless to say, I need more Sarah in my life! 


Sunday. 

A certain fella came over for breakfast and to watch the first session of conference with the fam. 



Al was pretty entertaining as well. She looks like a "who" from Grinch! 


Right after the first session, all my fam and Alexis went to conference! 





Found my tongan brother, Taylor! 


Not gonna lie, by the time we took this picture, it was our 3rd one trying to get the temple in the back. I was a brat and didn't want anymore. Thank goodness I gave in because it turned out good. The back looks surreal! 


When we got home, we ate din and celebrated DJ's birthday. 


We didn't have a real candle! Hahahaha!!! But the cake made up for it. 


Giving him a ASU sweater was borderline crazy. Good thing I'm wearing my UofA sweater to show where my heart is! 


Later that night some of my cousins came over to play, then Alexis and I went to Jon's to hangout. We played foosball, and at one point we played girls against guys. They unfortunately won, but it was a close game! It came down to just one point. 


Monday. 

I fell more in love with Utah as we toured it. 



Utah State Capital 




Sassy and Swag. 




The workmanship on the SLC temple doors is just amazing. 




Our last stop was the conference center. Right when we were about to tour it, my mother texted me saying they were outside. I said my farewells and headed to the airport. 


Everyone checked in their bags except me, so DJ graciously carried my bag for me! Sweetheart. 

We ate lunch together, and then had to separate. 


I was a dimwit and almost missed my flight. I looked at my ticket and saw I was in C6, so I sat at that gate. There was like no one there though. I soon realized that my seat on the plane was C6, and my gate was C12. I had a panic attack, but I made it before they even boarded. Thank goodness I figured it out sooner than later. 


My sweet grandparents picked me up from the airport and kindly listening to our whole weekend. 

Then checked the house to make sure it was all clear, and they helped me load up my car! 

Pretty soon I was back on the road for the "dirty t". 


I went to FHE, which was actually a blast! 


We had to make an ad with random items we were given. Our ad was about a pirate cruise, and this is Andrew putting his stick arms around a girl. 


To be honest, there was only way I got through it... Steph surprised us all with our favorite drinks. 





Okay almost finished. 

It wouldn't be right if I didn't wish JaKelle a happy Birthday! If you want to see how loved this girl is, just look up "#welovejakelle" on instagram. She still is a friend to all. Love you JaKelle! 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top