A+ Weekend.


This weekend was my busiest weekend of the school year. 

Don't be fooled by the title. No homework was completed this weekend. 

Friday we had the party at our house and didn't go to sleep til 3 ish. 

Saturday was another fun filled, busy day!

I woke up feeling hung over, and my back ached. I just partied way too hard!!

After I laid in bed for 20 minutes, I got my day started. 

I woke up and wrote my talk for church. I was so blessed to get it done without any difficulty. It all just flowed, and I knew what I needed to say. 

Then I got laundry done, ate lunch, got gas, got ready for the day and then Steph and I went to a YSA  activity. The activity included dinner, a devotional and a tournament. 

I didn't get any pictures because I was a busy bee! 

I had a few highlights from the activity. 

1. Talking with friends during din.

2. Watching the missionary interpret the devotional for Reggie. 

3. Seeing the people finish the obstacle course and feeling victorious! 

4. Seeing the people try to walk on the balance beam after spinning in 5 circles with the bat on their forehead. 

After the activity, some of us headed over to Old Tucson. They were having an event called night fall. There were 3 haunted houses and then 2 shows. 

The drive up was fun, even if Jaxon almost killed us a few times. 

One of the shows was a little crude. 

The haunted house wasn't too scary, but it did have it's moments. 

By the time we got home, it was 1. Another late night. 




Sunday. 


I was so excited to sleep in! Especially since I have late church! 

Unfortunately, my body just naturally woke up early. 

It was okay though because I had plenty of time to get ready! 

I got to church and let's get real. I was pretty nervous to give a talk. When I found out 2 of my "family members" were speaking with me, I was at ease. 


While the first speaker was going, I noticed there was someone was in the hallway. I immediately recognized it was my sister! We soon made eye contact. I was so surprised! I had absolutely no idea!! It touched me so much, I had to hold back the tears. I took a deep breath and had to try to focus on the speaker again. I'm sure everyone thought I was getting nervous, but little did they know, I was touched. 

Mark (my friend that spoke before me), mentioned something about his posse being there to support him. I copied him and said that I was ready to talk since my posse was in the second row, and my family in the hallway. I knew Alison would blush at that. 

The talk went well, but I'm mostly just glad it is over with. 



I have the sweetest fam. They drove 3 hours to hear my speak. Love them. 



After they left, I went to sunday school. It was great like always. 

Then Steph and Sydney left. They weren't feeling well, but since I drove, they walked home. 

I soon got a text saying they were locked out. They didn't realize that neither of them had their keys. I thought that was a good enough excuse to leave. So their karma for leaving early was that they were locked out. I soon got mine. I shut the fridge door and a soda on the top came crashing down. It spilled all over me and the fridge. We have a joke in my house that something always falls on me. Every time I would open the fridge something would fall out, from eggs, to juice. It is a great talent I have. 

I decided that was a good enough excuse to do some laundry. 

After I got laundry going, Syd, Steph and I went to take engagements for Taylor and Natalie. 

Syd would snap the picture and Steph and I would pose them! We were the dream team! 



Steph and I are clearly in love. 


After the pictures, our home teachers came! 

They are so fun, and are good to put up with us! 

Right after I realized I was late for my meeting! So I hurried over to the institute. We got some more planning done for the Halloween Dance and Carnival! 

After the meeting I went to a movie night of Hercules. It was a lovely sing a long. 

As I was driving home I realized I've watched that movie more since I've graduated than as a child. 

I came home to "better than sex cake" or "heath bar cake" whatever you would like to call it. 

Now it is time for sleep. 

Have a lovely week! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top