Today is my little sister, Alison's birthday! Although she is not a 1320 rookie, she has let me crash in her room many times this year. So she is getting a shout out similar to what I do for my roomies.
Here are 14 things I LOVE about Miss Alison since she is turning 14 today!
(they are in no particular order)
1. She is rock solid. She has a deeper testimony than I did at her age, and she knows how to trust in God. It shows in her daily activities, and the words she uses. She is going to be such a blessing to her future children because of this great testimony she has and is developing!
2. She is totally and completely daddy's little girl. You know the stereotype that the dad is wrapped around her finger, and just wants to spoil her rotten. Well that is Alison and my dad. I am not even envious of their special relationship. I am grateful he loves her so much and makes her feel so special. Their relationship is also in part because of the way she treats my dad. They can be so silly together and have a good time.
3. It isn't too hard to tell but she is the family party animal. She always has so much energy, and has the best time in any situation. She definitely lightens up our family and helps us have a good time. She knows how to sing and dance like no one is watching, and is quite entertaining.
4. She has the absolute best laugh and smile. Often times something funny will happen, and she just cannot stop laughing for at least 10 minutes. That is not an exaggeration. If she stops, just wait a second and she will start laughing all over again. She is such a happy girl. My dad loves sharing that when my mom was about to go into labor, he prayed that Heavenly Father would give her a hug before she came to earth. That last little love has made Alie such a delight.
5. She follows me. When she was born, I was counting down the days til she would move into my room. As soon as she was old enough to be out of a crib, we moved her straight into my room. Ever since then, she has been attached to my hip. Most older sisters hate when their younger sisters copy them, but Alie isn't the annoying little sister. She always kept me and my friends laughing, making it a even more enjoyable time. I think my friends may even like her better ;) I am honored that she wants to copy me and follow me, and love spending time with her.
6. She has THE cutest style. Even when she was a young girl, she knew my mom was dressing her in 90's clothing and would turn them down. She has always had a love for shopping and looking good. She knows how to rock just about headbands, and adds them to her sassy personality. Funny story: When she was 3, my mom was trying to get her to watch Snow White for the first time. She refused and my mom asked if it was too scary for her. Alie responded, "No, I just don't like her dress"! HAHA!
7. Alison is so generous with everything. On birthdays/mother's day/father's day, etc she will practically give her whole "fun money" on the individual. That is a lot to ask a child, or anyone for that matter. She is also very generous with her things. Whenever Morgan or I want to borrow something, she doesn't even think twice about it. Another story: We went to Hawaii and Alie and I had the same swimsuit. Morgan loved it and said she wanted to buy one when we got home. Well Alie had it washed and them let her wear her very own on that trip. Who else would do that?? I know I wouldn't and didn't. She is a sweetheart.
8. This relates to the one above, but she has the kindest/tenderest heart. She has the greatest care for everyone around her, and even those she doesn't know. The sympathy she feels is just incredible. She truly is concerned for everyone and wants them to have the best. She has a way of seeing the best in everyone. On many occasions I have seen her smile at strangers AND compliment them. Most people can't even look at strangers in the eye. Here is Alison praising someone she doesn't even know. She is a rockstar!
9. She shares a love for social media with me. If I'm ever sitting on the couch, scrolling through Facebook, I can count on her to come browse with me. She also loves to know what is going on with Instagram, and can only say good things while going through people's pictures. She thinks everyone is just so beautiful. I can also always count on her to take a picture with me, or 3 or 4 til we get it right.
11. I swear she is baby whisperer. Babies absolutely love her. Any baby that sits in front of us in church will be mesmerized by Alie the whole hour. One time, there was a baby pretty far from us crying. She spotted Alie and stopped crying. What the heck? She just knows how to make the best faces at them and entertain them.
12. She has always been a teenager. I have never known Alie to miss out on a party due to sleep. For grad night my senior year, we had everyone over at my house for breakfast at 4 am, after we went to sun splash. Well she woke up at 4 so she could be a part of the party.
13. Even as a little girl, she has been beautiful. I remember when she was just a baby, my friend said, "Alison is going to be even more beautiful when she grows up". Now that she is even more grown up, even my roommates have commented on her beauty. I completely agree. She is beautiful.
14. She is my biggest fan and I am hers. Most people are lucky to have good parents, that support them in everything. I sure do have fabulous parents, but I am extra blessed with Alison. She is always there for me and knows how to love me. My aunts/uncles tease us of being inseparable and it's because we just love each other. I can never get sick of Al. I am so proud of the lady she is. I would claim her as my sister any day, even when she is singing at the top of her lungs out in public. I am her biggest fan and I love her forever! Or as she would say, "Love your guts!"





















0 comments:
Post a Comment