It's definitely the end of the semester, stuff is starting to get crazy. Teachers feel the need to assign twice as much now and the institute wants even more from me. I've been a bit of a mad woman these past 3 days.
Sunday.
I already blogged about most of the day, but the end consisted of the Easter Musical Fireside, put on by the institute. It was amazing, might I say. It even brought a tear to my eye. It helped me refocus my priorities and realize any trial I'm going through is nothing compared to what Christ has felt. Plus he did it for me. I have someone that cares for me and listens. Just that brought comfort knowing he is always right there for me.
Monday.
I felt like I was running around all day. Doing both homework and going to classes. I won't give you deets on all of that.
Later that evening we had a fancy dinner for our relay percentage night…It was at Chick fil a.
April 16, 2014
Check out this pretty centerpiece.
I also got Morgan and Payson's wedding invite!
For FHE, each group is recreating a movie, so we spent the hour planning how to recreate it.
After FHE we went to U-Swirl to wish Elder Hickenlooper farewell.
Also one of the mission districts had a meeting at U-Swirl so there were missionaries galore!
Steph is helping us get in the Easter spirit by hiding easter eggs everywhere. It's always fun when you find them in random places. AND the candy is rockin!
Here are a few pictures of places I have found the eggs.
Steph rocks!
Chloe had a great idea of having a lunch to appreciate all the institute faculty, which will be put on by the institute council/activities committee. Well they decided we should make invitations, and when no one was claiming it, I got stuck. So I spent some time making these Monday evening as well.
The rest of the evening, I had to get some interpreting videos done. In 2 weeks, I have to turn in 7 hours of myself interpreting. You wouldn't think that is a lot, but holy cow, yes it is! You can only record in 15 minute increments, and there are only so many videos you can interpret. I started this week with 1 hour and after 2 days I now have 3.
Tuesday.
Just another crazy day…
Class, meeting with group, institute, homework, tutoring, then studying at the institute. I enjoy studying at the institute because I can study and then regain my sanity by talking to people when they walk by. Oh and I gave myself a break that day by watching Psych. I was to the point where I either needed sleep, or some crazy caffeine.
While I was at the institute, I witnessed this great bromance between Dakota and Jared.
I also got to meet the deaf elders in the Tucson Branch, and they told me my signing was good! That sure made me feel good! Plus I got to sign for a little and that is one of my joys.
Around 8, I finally went home (mostly because my laptop was just about dead) and studied some more. Plus I did more self study interpreting hours.
Wednesday.
I was exhausted and did not want to wake up early. I decided it was going to be a natural hair day and it sure was.
I had a tutoring appt and it didn't go too well. We analyzed an interview she had with a deaf individual, and figured out how to write a paper about it. The last 10 minutes she mentioned she has to sign a narrative the next day. I asked when the paper is due and she said Monday. Then she was ticked that we didn't have time to work on her story. I left the appt pretty ticked off too…
Next was my exam, which I was so not ready for! I had a few minutes to study before so I went into the study room in the institute. This was my second time in the past 2 days, and people even commented that I must be stressed to be in there. Usually I like to sit in the lobby and chat. Anyway, my test went much better than I anticipated!
After institute, I felt a sense of relief and wanted to go get lunch. So Steph and I went to Chipotle. While we were in line, we saw a friend from the Institute, Jenkin! He was actually right in front of us, but we didn't realize til he turned around! Then when we were leaving, I took a creeper pic. Shout out to Jenk!
When we got home, we ate lunch while watching a movie and doing homework. I could only stay for a little because I had class.
I really enjoy the girls in my major (there are no boys), so it is always a good time!
After class, I came home and got more done, then Steph and I decided to go see "Heaven is for Real", which just came out that evening!
I definitely cried, but it was really good! The book of course is better and explained everything better. So read the book too!!!
One more day of school and then I get to go home for the weekend!
I can do it!












0 comments:
Post a Comment