I have been neglecting my blog because I came to Utah to surprise Morgan for graduation! Since she didn't know I was coming, I couldn't mention I was coming home on Tuesday. Or that I was preparing for our trip. Anyway here's an update!
Sunday.
It was Easter, and it was fabulous.
I got to sleep in, and celebrate with my fam. We went to church, and had then for dinner my grandparents, and cousin came over. After we were done eating, I headed back to Tucson, but I drove two lovely girls in my ward!
Monday.
It was a pretty busy because I had to get a lot done before Utah!
1. I had 4 hours of practicum, as opposed to my usual 2 hours on Monday. Which also meant I had to get up 2 hours earlier, which was definitely not welcome!
2. For FHE, we are remaking a movie, so I had to find time to rent a video camera from campus. Then later than night, I had to save it all on my computer so I could return the camera the next day. During FHE I almost had a panic attack because no one was coming. Luckily, my fan pulled through!
3. I still had 2 and a half hours of interpreting I needed to get done, so that was really fun!
Tuesday.
Class was normal.
Once I was done, Steph and I went on a little adventure to pick up two chairs from a person on Craig's List. Sheridan's mom is a decorating queen and found them in Tucson. Of course she doesn't live in Tucson so she asked if I could pick them up. Luckily they fit in both my car and I could drive them home that day as well!
When I got home, DJ had a tennis match, and all my fam was there. I tried to drive over fast, but right when I walked up, he was finished. I got free pizza though and I made an effort to be there!!
The next few hours, I did more interpreting/homework until I was just so done. I decided to take a trip to the temple and do some baptisms. It was just what I needed!
April 27, 2014
The rest of the night consisted of more homework and getting ready for Utah.
Wednesday.
The plan was to drive up this day, but Morgan decided she wasn't going to attend the huge graduation on Thursday. So we ended up putting off the drive til Thursday.
It was perfect for me because I finally finished my interpreting hours, got my hair cut, and spent the day with Vanita and Kelley. I don't get to see Kelley as often anymore, so I really appreciated it! It felt like old times!! We pretty much spent the whole day shopping but we hit some great deals! We ended the night with Costa Vida and seeing Kel's new house!
After Kel's house, Vanita and I went back to my house. We mostly helped Alie pack which is always a long process because she is just too fun and always distracts me!
Packing can also be extremely frustrating and exhausting. Especially when you don't start packing til midnight and plan to wake up at 5 the following morning.
Thursday.
The loooooong drive to Provo. It actually wasn't too bad because we only had to accommodate the needs of 4 people instead of 7. Which really made a huge difference!
Funny story we stopped at Wendys, and dad went to open the door and it jerked him forward. Alie was cracking up. I guess it didn't open for 13 more minutes. So we just left and went to Village Inn.
Photo/Snapchat Cred: Alie
We were all looking lovely.
Once we got there, we checked in to our hotel to freshen up,
then picked up Morgan for din. Poor mother wasn’t feeling too well so she
stayed back to rest.
We went to my dad’s favorite place, the Sizzler and had a
little daddy daughters time. Haha! It was fun though! Then he dropped Al and I off
at Morgan’s house to help her pack/pick out a graduation outfit.
Her graduation gown was HUGE! They measured by height, not weight. So since she is tall but a stick, it is a bit big!
Oh another funny story….When we were going to pick up, my
dad completely passed Morgan’s house. Alie was shouting from the back, DAD!!
Morgan was outside waving!! Haha! Shortly after we got a call asking if we saw
her. Maybe this was one of those “you had to be there moments”…but it was
hilarious for us.
Anyway, we didn’t help her pack too well. Mostly just tried
on outfits, and went through her DI piles (clothes she was donating). By about
10:30 ish, Alie and I were pretty tired from being up so early, so we headed
back to the hotel. Did I mention Alie and I got our own room?? My dad said we are too territorial about the bathroom when it comes to getting ready, so he kicked us out. It was nice having so much space!
Getting our nails did.
Alie and I decided to do the same color, lavender. We
decided it would go with the wedding colors but not be too matchy. Plus it is a
nice spring color.
Mom had to run some errands, so we ended up waiting outside
for a few minutes. Of course the nail salon was next to one of the only bars in
Provo. Alie was freaking out by some of the early drinkers coming outside
drunk.
Morgan is showing off her foot because she got her toes done instead of her fingers.
Soon enough, we were picked up, changed and headed off to Morgan’s graduation!
We had to sit in our seats for quite some time, so Alie and
I had a little snapchat war, by taking pictures of eachother.
While we were standing, waiting for all the graduates to come in, Al decided to take a seat between the chairs. Silly girl!
Cuties.
Eventually Payson’s fam came, and we finally got to met
them! Their son, Tyler, was graduating for Morgan, so they were able to come
down from Idaho! They are all a hoot and a holler! Love them!
During the ceremony, I was thinking how different mine will
be. They definitely won’t quote scriptures in every talk. It was a great
ceremony though, even if it was a bit long. Alie and I made a game out of the
names being read off. Whenever they would say a name that was in my family,
middle names included, we would cheer really loud for them. It was actually fun
and gave us something to do.
After the ceremony, we took a million pictures of course.
Payson, Morgan, Tyler (Payson's brother that set them up), Maggie (Tyler's wife) and Callen, their sweet baby.
Correcting his posture.
It was only appropriate that she take a picture with the man that put her through school.
After we were practically the last ones in the Marriott
Center, we finally left for dinner. It was quite the cultural experience! I
can’t remember the name but it was a Brazilian place with all you can eat meat.
They bring huge things of it and then cut off pieces for you. They also had a
pasta bar, so I didn’t only eat red meat, no worries!
Once we got back to the hotel, I worked on some homework and
the wedding slideshow.
Saturday.
We had to get up early…not my fave. We went to the breakfast
buffet, and then picked up Morgan and Payson. We had an hour drive to Bountiful,
and it was raining the whole way. I loved it until I had to get out of the car…Alie
and I were dropped off at my grandma’s house while the rest of them went to
support Morgan in her receiving her endowments.
We spent the next 4 hours watching movies, chatting with
grandma, updating her picture shelf, and working on the slideshow.
Around 2, grandpa got home and drove us all over to some Italian
restaurant. We had lunch with most the people that went to the temple. Alie and
I sat by Tyler, and his wife Maggie. They had us cracking up the whole time.
After lunch, we drove back to Provo, changed, and helped
Morgan pack up EVERYTHING. Many trips down the stairs, and a few falls. Once we
were done, we went to Zupas for lunch. My fam is obsessed with it. Pretty sure
they go there at least once a week.
Anyway, after we ate, we went back to the hotel and watched The Book Thief. Okay I didn't really watch it, but from what I saw, it was pretty good.
Sunday.
I was woken up 6:07 Utah time, which is really 5:07 AZ time, might I add! By 6:30 we went downstairs for breakfast.
By 7:30 we were on the highway and headin to AZ! The suburban was PACKED, so only mom and dad drove in there. Morgan drove her car, I was in shot gun, and Alie was crammed in the back.
She was also taking apart Morgan's car! Haha.
We stopped once at Burger King, and got home by 4:30.
One thing I learned on this road trip is that Morgan likes to make her own lyrics to songs. She is a good sport for letting us give her a hard time.
Oh and my dad was a champ! He bought me a Dr Pepper the night before so I would have it on the drive home!
Once we got home, we had to unload everything out of the car and find space for it in the house. After that, I sorted through my stuff, so I could drive home later. Janice (my great-aunt) came over and made us din. She is a sweetheart. After we ate, and I showered, I was in the car once again, driving to Tucson.
I made it, unpacked, and am now trying to prepare myself for one more week!

































0 comments:
Post a Comment