April 7, 2014

This morning, I volunteered at the Institute Blood drive, no I did not donate. My excuse was that I recently got a shot, so I wasn't allowed. Really I'm just worried I would pass out. Anyway, I was in charge of the registration, which was the best duty because I got to talk to everyone. Whether they were getting ready to donate, or eating snacks so they wouldn't pass out. I also met a few people. It's funny because I get to a point where I think I've met everyone, and then a new person will come along! I love it!! 


Thank you for the selfie on my phone, Marcus. 



After volunteering, I went to institute class. Brother Bauer was sick so Sister Stout (the institute-couple missionary) taught. I absolutely love her. She always decorates the institute to fit whatever season we are approaching, and is always walking around with a smile. Also my grandparents went on a couples mission to an institute in Germany, so I have a great appreciate for their service. Anyway, her lesson was so great, and it reminded me of the great messages from conference! 

The next few hours consisted of running some errands (picking up my malaria pill, getting my car, eating lunch, etc), until our institute meeting, which consisted of planning the upcoming dance! It's going to be really cute, so get pumped! 

Later that day I was a little upset, and having a rough day, then I checked my email and saw this gem. 


He has always been that kind of friend that says exactly what you need right then, and has the best timing. Love that kid! 

The rest of the night consisted of my Ecuador meeting (which was mainly just socializing), then I met with my group to finish our group paper. We didn't finish til 7:30 so I caught the last 30 minutes of FHE. We were all combined, don't you worry! When I arrived, they were playing conference jeopardy. I ended up getting pretty into it and a little too competitive. Whoops! 

After I decided it was a long day, so ice cream was in order. Plus I still had money on my gift card to Cold Stone. 

On Wednesday and Thursday we are having a bake sale as a fundraiser for our Relay for Life team. I knew I wouldn't have time tomorrow, so Steph and I took a trip to Safeway, and then I started the baking! 



I still have some work to do, but I got off to a good start.

**If you live in Tucson and you are reading this, come get a baked good on the mall between 9-2 Wednesday and Thursday!! Who wouldn't want a goodie?? 


To end this little post, I need to give a little shout out to my homeboy!! It is my Future BIL's (brother in law) Birthday today!!!! He is already so loved amongst my family, and I'm so grateful he treats my sister so well! He is such a hard working fella, and will support my sister so well. I can't even be upset that they are moving to Idaho because she is happy and he is a keeper! Happy Birthday Payse! 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top