Today was a huge day for me!! Why? Well there are three teachers that come to observe me in practicum. One was just for feedback and to get the feel for it. Done. Then of the last two, one is the director of the deaf studies program (she is the teacher in charge of our Ecuador trip so we are tight) and then the teacher of my class. They last two teachers decide if I move on to practicum 3 or repeat it. It's a big deal because if I repeat it, then my graduation date gets moved back to May. Well my teacher which kind of has the final say, came to observe today.
I had a lot of anxiety about on Monday. Then as I saw my teacher throughout the week (I have 2 other classes with her), my nerves calmed down. I also prayed for confidence throughout the whole week.
Well Thursday night hit, and I expected to have trouble falling asleep. I get anxiety about little thing activities i am in charge. This is deciding a big part of my life, so it is a big deal. Well anyway, due to the bake sale--waking up early, sitting out in the sun, I was able to fall right to sleep.
I also prayed that I would be able to wake up in the morning and feel rested/ready. Usually when I wake up 6, I feel awful. Well that prayer was also answered.
Anyway, We weren't being observed til 3rd hour, so the first 2 hours were kind of prep work. Well when 3rd hour finally came, we found out the 2nd teacher was absent. Which was the biggest blessing! Interpreting for two teachers that are talking at the same time, is near impossible. So it made the whole class time a million times easier!
It was finally time for class to sign, and my partner went first. Watching her made me want to throw up. Once I got up there, some nerves went away thankfully. It was really rewarding when my teacher would nod/smile, or sign "exactly". She also pushed me when I needed to expand on something and that made it more fun!
Once we were done, we went out in the hall to discuss feedback. This is a secret, so don't share with my deaf studies friends….but she said it looks like we are ready to pass BUT we have to see what the last teacher thinks! That was a huge blessing though!! I'm glad she thinks we are ready and thought we did well! I have a better relationship with the last teacher, so I won't be as anxious.
As I was driving to devotional, I called my mom to tell her the good news. She was busy, so I called my dad. I figured he would appreciate it as well. He was so cute, he said, go out and buy yourself a bizookie. Haha! He meant pizookie! It was cute because 1- he said it wrong. 2- he recognized that I love pizookies.
So glad it's all over for right now! :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment