If you have not already seen the "Because of Him" video, check it out. Here is the link.
http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694
I saw this and I tried to ponder how His hand has influenced my life, and what the atonement means in my life. The whole week I saw great posts of people bearing their testimony of how blessed they are because of Him. Today Facebook and Instagram have been especially trending with "Because of Him" posts. It is great. Well here are some of my blessings because of Him.
Because of Him…
1. I can study my major; ASL Interpreting. When I first started taking interpreting classes at the UofA, I felt very discouraged. I thought I would have to switch majors because I just wasn't measuring up to my classmates. Well the beginning of this spring semester, I received a priesthood blessing. In it I was given the gift of tongues. Now whenever I fell less than, I reflect on those words and remember I am not doing this on my own. I have power from above and because of that, my signing ability has sky rocketed this semester.
Because of Him
Pic from last summer when I interpreted at girls camp
2) I was able to move out and attend the UofA. There are some days where it is really hard to be a mini adult, but He always pulls me through. Whether it is by feeling His love, or sending a friend my way. I have learned so much from having this adventure, and am so blessed my father is fortunate enough to put me through school.
The day I got accepted.
3. I have a powerful friend whom loves and supports me. In seminary years ago, Brother Janes gave us a great analogy about Christ being our friend. He said, if your friend has a boat, don't you also get to share that joy? If your friend has a nice house, don't you get to share that when you are with them? Well we have a Savior and Father in Heaven who have EVERYTHING. They want to help us and share that power with us. Why wouldn't we allow Him to help us? That love has gotten me through every single thing that has been thrown my way. Plus made me a happier person in general. I feel his love and then can share that with others. It is a great chain effect.
4. I can be forgiven. That is incredible. Even deeper than that, I can change. I didn't like myself my junior year of high school, and because of the atonement, I could change. I learned how to rely on the atonement, and fake it til I made it. Even now, I can change things in my life that aren't in accordance to God's commands. He doesn't give up on me, but instead shows me how to improve myself. The atonement is so real. I wish everyone could feel that power in their life's everyday. It is the power that strengthens us and helps us reach our potential.
5. My eyes will be healed. I was born with Duane Syndrome (a lazy eye), and that has been a huge trial in my life. As a little girl, I was worried no man would want to marry me because of it. I wouldn't look people in the eye and hated pictures. I was so worried about what people would think. It is a little freaky when it happens, and so I eventually learned how to control it a little more. Through a loving Savior, I have gained confidence. I enjoy selfies, and looking at people in the eye. I am grateful for this challenge, and even more grateful it is not everlasting. It will be healed in the next life, but for now, I can handle it like a champ!
6. I will be able to see my dear friend again, JaKelle. Almost 2 years later, I still think about her everyday and miss her so much. I know she is doing great things and am so grateful I will see her again because of a selfless sacrifice.
7. I am surrounded by such wonderful friends. When I moved to Tucson, I thought I had already meet all the greatest people. I didn't really care to make new friends, but I soon realized how wrong I was. Truth is, God surrounds us with great people wherever we go. I am incredibly blessed.
8. When the mission age lowered, so did my list of friends. Not really but all the boys my grade, plus girls and boys in the grade below all left. It was really hard. On top of that, everyone started getting married. I come up to Mesa, and everyone is gone. Thank goodness my family allows me to hang around the house. It has really been a challenge. When I am in Tucson, it isn't too bad but I miss the instant communication I had with them. Instead I have to wait at least a week and even then it is not the same. This has been a trial this year. Because of Him though, He is restoring love in my heart. Helping me not feel so abandoned and alone. The more I trust, the more whole I feel.
9. I have a forever family. I have such different relationships with each of my siblings and parents, but each are so special to me. They are my rock. I am seriously so blessed to have them. My heart is just so full.
10. I have the fullness of the gospel in my life. I have a way to communicate with my Father in Heaven, guidance every single day, ability to serve/bless others through His inspiration, and have true happiness.
Because of Him, my life has value. I am a daughter of God and can do something about it.
I believe in Christ!
Happy Easter!








0 comments:
Post a Comment