I had the perfect get away yesterday! Right after practicum, I packed my bags and headed to Mount Lemon for a camping trip.
Half of our group drove up and the rest came later, due to choir practice. Which Steph was super ready for!
Once we got to the campsite, we set up our tents. By the time we were done, we were all pretty hungry, but we had a problem. We were going to cook our dinner on the fire and the person with the wood wasn't there yet. So Phil, Danielle and I started looking for logs.
Phil practically cut down a tree.
Then we had our fire ready, jk.
Our wood person/Cody finally came and we got it going! Well the boys got it going. Then the choir peeps came as well and the party could finally start. We started cooking our hot dogs, and it was a real struggle. My face felt like it was burning from sitting so close to the fire, and my hot dog dropped in the fire. I was ready to give up. Danielle was a gem and made me a perfect hot dog, so I did eat!
Later we pulled out the smores and someone cooked the marshmallow for me too! I scored!
The smoke was real strong, hence the weird lines in the
picture.
The rest of the night consisted of everyone stealing
eachother’s chairs, telling stories, and
playing two truths and a lie. Around 12:30 we finally started getting ready for
bed. Steph, AB and I had nice little roomie chat and a tent prayer.
I fell asleep a little after 1, until I was awoken by
everyone screaming that it was raining. We didn’t put the fly over the tent, so
I guess everyone was getting wet. That
was one advantage of being in the corner.
I slept so well, even though it was like laying on a tile
floor. We didn’t actually wake up til 8, and we laid there for awhile before we
got out of our tent. Everyone was super alert when we did come out.
For breakfast we made some delish breakfast burritos. Sarah was a sweetheart and cooked all the eggs before. Otherwise we would still be there cooking right now.
When I woke up, I noticed how gross my finger nails were, but thought, ehhh we are camping. Well later people start complaining/commenting on how gross they were so I used Jared's knife to clean them out.
For breakfast we made some delish breakfast burritos. Sarah was a sweetheart and cooked all the eggs before. Otherwise we would still be there cooking right now.
Some people didn't like their burrito…Just kidding, this was an accident.
After breakfast we sat around for a while, not wanting to pack up. That was my favorite part though. It felt so good outside, and we could see all the pretty nature.
We did eventually pack up and then headed out. Steph loves
nature so we stopped at all 3 vista points to enjoy the view. We also listened
to Avril with all the windows down and our hair blowing. It felt like we were
in a movie.
Once we got off the mountain, we saw a market set up in the
street that we thought was a farmers market. It turned out to be more like a
cultural market, but it was really cool to see all their hand made stuff.
When we finally got home, we showered, did some laundry and then headed over to UofA Spring Fling.
I was cheap and just bought enough tickets for lunch and a
ride. Plus we got free sunglasses!!
The one ride I chose was the one where you lean against the
wall and it spins super fast. It goes so fast that you can't even lift your arm or leg. It is such an ab workout to try! It was definitely worth my tickets though!
While I was waiting for Steph and AB on their rides, I took a selfie to show off my UA sunglasses.
We all spun this little wheel at the end. Steph and AB got candy and I got a pen.
After a few hours there, we went home to relax for a little. We walked into a household of Richardsons. Syd's family came down for the UA scrimmage, but unfortunately they left right as we were getting home.
We enjoyed our mid afternoon by watching Juno, which I had never seen. It was hilarious. I was literally laughing out loud.
After the movie, Steph and AB made a cake for Isaac's bday party.
Then we went over to his house to drop it off, and Isaac showed off his gardening skills. He still needed to get ready, so we left so he could finish.
His party was at Funtasticks, and we played laser tag. The room you play it in is crazy!
A) It has so many different levels, and I almost fell so many times running down to the next level.
B) We played by teams and you could tell who was on your team by the color on the vest. It was crazy because you would take one wrong step and be shot at by a whole group of the green team. Or you would go somewhere else and have no one to shot because they were all on your team. So I didn't really like the team idea.
After the game, we went over to Isaac's for pizza and cake.
Matt showed me this app called 2048. I am now addicted to it.
Then someone was talking about Tinder so I got on it as well.
So many emotions.
It is cool to see who is around you and especially cool seeing "famous" people from UofA.
It was also flattering when they would "like" you too.
It freaked me out boys would message me though.
I just wouldn't answer.
Sunday.
I woke up and went to another ward with Ali. It was a good time and I really enjoyed it. Right after we drove to the institute for our normal ward. It was fun to see all my other ward friends leaving their church and chatting with them.
Church was great. I attended sunday school for the first time in who knows how long! I don't ditch, I have just been home in Mesa, or helping with break the fast/linger longer. For sunday school I went to the investigator class, gospels principles.
After church I took a pic with Elder Hickenlooper. I didn't have any and I wanted one just in case if he gets transferred anytime soon.
Also I'm so glad Elder Dayley is back in 1st ward so we get to see him around the institute!



































0 comments:
Post a Comment