Thursday.
During my class, my dad tried to call me twice, and then I checked my texts. He said to call him in regards to my debit card. I figured that meant the bank suspected fraud. To be honest, I've been eating out a lot recently, so I thought it might be in regards to that. I was so embarrassed. After class I called my dad and it turns out someone got my information and made a debit card. They tried spending stuff in Mexico, and luckily the caught the guy soon enough. Thank goodness I had gas in my car and cash, otherwise I wouldn't be so fortunate.
Also after my class, Maria and I went to the union for lunch. I always enjoy our little lunch sessions to catch up. She is so sweet.
After lunch, I went to institute, a tutoring appt, met with my teacher and then class. Right after class I picked up Syd, and two other girls in my ward to head for Mesa.
We got in at a decent hour, but all my fam was next door swimming. So I went and chatted with them, and spent the rest of the night relaxing.
Friday.
I had a ton of homework so I got some of that done.
I went to the bank to get a temporary debit card, and order a new one. I felt like a grown up going to the bank by myself and knowing the answer to all the questions.
My sista is graduating this upcoming week so I also was on the hunt for a gift.
That evening Alie, mom and I drove out to Chandler to pick up Morgan's wedding shoes, plus get our own. It was quite the adventure, and some tears were even shed out of frustration. Weddings are hard stuff.
The rest of the night consisted of starting Morgan's wedding slideshow.
April 19, 2014
Saturday.
I woke up and it was another busy day.
We went to Morgan's dress fitting, and thank goodness, it was a perfect fit! She looked gorgeous. I wish I could share some photos of her, but I know that wouldn't fly by her.
Instead here are pictures of us waiting.
The lady that helped Morgan was so sweet and telling us all about our experience with Mormon weddings. Then she accidentally dropped something and a swear word slipped. Her reaction was so funny, she felt so bad!
After the fitting, I was reaching my limit of exhaustion, so I came back home. I did more homework, and eventually had an awful headache, so I took a nap. That is a big deal. I don't take naps, but I wasn't getting anything done by that point anyway.
Oh and Nate drew his name on my foot. I thought it was his finger but soon found out it was his pen.
Later that evening, we went to BJ's for an early din to celebrate Alie and my birthday. My second free pizookie!
Then we headed over to the Easter Pageant. It is a tradition to go every year, and I almost broke the record this year!
Everyone was really difficult…especially the boys like always.
Anyway, the actual performance was amazing. I don't always cry but this time I did the whole second half. I was sitting next to DJ and not a ton of rowdy teens, so I could actually pay attention.
Here are some things I took away.
1) In the 10 Virgin section with the foolish and wise…we always look down on the foolish since they were not ready. Well in institute we learned that the fact that they were all "virgins" that is a representation that they were all innocent. In fact some of the best/most righteous people.
Knowing that, greatly changed my perspective. I use to think the foolish were symbolic of people that don't have the gospel. We need to help guide them to the light before it's too late. Well, tonight I thought of it more like members within the church. They all had the capacity to have the light, they just didn't even enough light.
2) There is a part where it shows the miracles Christ performed like rising the dead, etc. Well after it shows a woman that is being stoned for sinning, and defends her and forgives her. I just had an instant feeling of His love for us. I'm sure whenever someone mistreats us, he wants to defend us, and in fact does defend us.
3) After Christ dies, and Mary visits the grave, she is probably just wanted to grieve. She goes to the tomb and finds out Jesus has been moved. My heart ached for her…Then she soon learns He is risen and sees him. The minute she saw Him, I cried tears of joy. I had a glimpse of what it would be like to see JaKelle again and my Savior.
It was just amazing.
On a less spiritual note, shout out to Kel for FINALLY getting her bridals.
Watching her video for the first time.

























0 comments:
Post a Comment