Tuesday.
It was april fools day, luckily no one played a trick directly at me. Unfortunately, Facebook ticked me off and I couldn't look at it. Everyone was announcing they were engaged and pregnant. I'd say every week I see an engagement post on Facebook, so I have grown accustom to it. So when I would see the posts on April Fools Day, it never occurred to me that it was a joke til I read other comments. Good thing they have good friends that call them out on it! Derek Funckes ALMOST fooled me! He posted a video of himself opening his mission call. I thought for sure it was fake, but he had a letter that looked like the one's missionaries get, friends were there, his mom was there recording and his sister was even there interpreting for his mother. I thought, no he wouldn't trick his mom. Well the last second of the video he says, "Happy April Fools Day". Most people didn't watch til the very end, but thankfully I did! That little sly one!
Wednesday.
So in case you weren't aware, I am doing Relay for Life again, which is a 12 hour walk to fundraise money to help fight against cancer. It is an amazing experience and I am so pumped for round 2! Well we had a little percentage night at U-Swirl (frozen yogurt place) to kick things off. As a member of the team, I was asked to be there all three hours of the event. It was fun socializing and taking a little break from school. All photo credit goes to Ali Hayes on these next few photos.
April 4, 2014
When I got home, I received the best news ever…my first Thursday class was cancelled! I tried to watch Captain America in prep for the new one, but instead decided to read. I started a Nicolas Sparks book called, "The Guardian". I thought it was going to be a sad love story, but it is actually kinda scary. Now I can't put it down because it freaks me out. I read the last 3 pages so my heart can be at rest. Otherwise I would still have anxiety about it. So yes I am one of those people that cheats.
Thursday.
Like I said, my first class was cancelled, only to find out that my night class was also cancelled!! That meant no classes for Lauren! Yay!!!
Unfortunately though, I had to get shots for my Ecuador trip. I was pretty at ease, but once I watched everyone else go, I got pretty nervous. I made it though!! Once I got home though, I already felt like I had a dead arm. Then a few hours later, I had some flu like symptoms. I try not to take medicine, but I took some advil so fast! I was determined to see Captain America that evening!
Shot selfie.
Before Steph and I drove to the theater, we made a quick stop to Cold Stone to finally retrieve my free Birthday ice cream!
The movie was stellar! I did come to a conclusion though, Stephanie and I can't sit by each other during jumpy/suspenseful/scary/crazy movies. There was one point where Steph grabbed my head, which lead to me screaming louder. Haha! And I just get too invested in movies. I think it is real, and start freaking out. It's all a good time.
We did take a group picture, but I don't have it, sorry!
Once we got home, I felt pumped and energized. Maybe a little freaked out too because I got a "speeding flash". Let's pray the cameras are still not really connected/giving out tickets. Anyway, I stayed up and read later than I should have. Friday hit pretty hard!
Friday.
I had practicum like always. The schedule was a little different though so I didn't have a break. By the end of the day, I was so done. I treated myself to lunch at Wendys to help me keep motivation then met up with my group for a "group research paper". Which by the way, I hate group papers. The only person who benefits is the teacher since she doesn't have to grade as many papers. I do have a great group though, so that is fortunate.
By about 4 o'clock I headed to the 480.
As soon as I got home, I had to head over to Mountain View for a talent show. In my ASL class, it is required that we attend a deaf event. So Ren and I went to a talent show put on by deaf and ASL students of Mountain View. It was extra special because my cousin happened to be in it! She performed a solo, signing the song "Demons" by Imagine Dragons. I was super impressed! She is a babe!
By the end of the show, I felt like crying out of joy. It was my "Deaf heart" coming out. Yes it is a real thing, and yes hearing people can have it.
Once I got home, I had to Skype with my lovely group again to finish the paper. Before doing so, I noticed dad and Nate weren't home. I knew they had to be out getting ice cream and I was right! I called just in time too!
We ended up working by just a little before midnight. It was okay though because they call for a good time even over Skype. I have some good friends all around, where ever I go! :)









0 comments:
Post a Comment