Today is my first day starting true adulthood! Let's back track though!
On Saturday I got my day 6 gift.
They know me too well! :) I'm excited to wear the shirt and drink all the soda! Don't worry mom, I'll spread it out!!
I also came home to this little beauty. It was so tempting to open it, but I can gladly say I waited!
Sunday.
This was hands down the most interesting gift. It was a duck dynasty bath goodie, night gown, nail polish, and pregnancy test. Don't freak out anyone, it was a joke!!
Syd is a cutie and ate the leftover frosting. Random like post, I know.
So Friday night I got hit with a nasty cold. I couldn't really sleep even though my eyes were so heavy. Saturday and Sunday weren't much better. I felt awful. I prayed Sunday night I would feel better on Monday so I could have a good birthday. Immediately as I spoke the words, I felt better. God loves us and all the little things that are important to us! :)
Monday. My 20th Birthday!!
My practicum got pushed back, so I got to sleep in an extra hour. It was lovely! I spent the first 30 minutes soaking in all the love! I read sweet texts from my mom and sweet sister that texted me right at midnight. Then checked Facebook and already had so many sweet posts! Next to Insta and Twitter with more sweet shout outs from my roommates.
I finally got ready after laying in bed for 30 minutes. Everyone was gone by then so I danced to my favorite music (which was playing pretty loud) while getting ready. Best birthday morning ever!
Once I was ready, I went downstairs for breakfast and saw a lovely surprise!
I may or may not have eaten 3 muffins!
My roomies are so crafty and thoughtful! I absolutely love it and will cherish it!
Eventually I was off to practicum. That was the usual.
Then I went to the institute to work on some class before institute class. Of course as soon as I walked into the kitchen, everyone yelled happy birthday! Soon enough everyone was singing! Of course I blushed, but it was very kind of them! While working, I also watched Isaac play on Tinder. That app is crazy. Plus he set his name as Matthew Mcconaughey, so a lot of older women were responding. About an hour later, everyone in the kitchen sang to me again! Those silly kids!
Next was institute class. I conduct the class, so I figured I would be off the hook. Nope!
I had to wear this goofy hat and they sang to me.
After class, I treated myself on a little shopping spree to Forever 21. I actually found a lot of cute shirts and jewelry! It's like they knew I was coming! Since wetz pretzel was right outside the store, I couldn't resist. So I even treated myself to a pretzel!
Once I got home, I found a sweet letter from my sister in the mail (plus she called me earlier that day). Oh and shout out to her fiancé Payson for remembering and texting me!!
I also had a letter from my mom and Nathan.
Then I finally got to open my long a waited birthday package!
It was worth the wait! Each member of my family wrote down some things they loved about me. I even forgot about the gifts for a second. I read each of the notes multiple times and just started crying because I felt so loved and blessed to call them my family. It was a tender moment. Of course some of the notes made me laugh as well, like Nate thanking me for being a UofA fan with him. He is a cutie. Then Alie reminiscing on some good times! I called my mother while in the process of opening everything to thank her, but I was still crying a bit so naturally she thought something was wrong! Haha whoops! Sorry mom!
After going through the package, I went on Facebook to look at all the sweet fb posts again. Once again just overwhelmed with love. I also had these 2 snap chats.
After awhile, I had to go to a class/meeting. During the drive, I got a chance to talk on the phone to sweet Vanita! Boy do I miss her!
After the meeting, I was off to FHE! We learned about family history and then played the game ROCK. An institute special that I love! Luckily, my family was down to play too!
As soon as FHE was over, I headed over to Bjs for my birthday din! Shout out to Steph and Syd for running back home to get my wallet!
Everyone went around the table and said the sweetest things about me, and almost made me cry. I have some sweet friends!!
Plus David, he slipped out before we remembered to take a picture!
The drive home with AB was prime roommate time! I love her!
Once we got home, I saw a lovely surprise!
After all that work, Steph was so sweet to help me pop 95% of them (I kept the rest).
It really has been such a great day/week! I could not be any more blessed!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment