Spring Break Part 1

So for spring break we took our "last family vaca" before we add another member to the family. My dad decided to go big and go to Hawaii! Besides our parents, it was our first time, so we were in love!! There are a lot of pictures and will be more, so I'm going to do this in parts.

Pre-Hawaii and Day 1


I drove home from Tucson Friday after devotional. Sad to say, my spring break wasn't quite ready to start. I had to get some homework done. Later that night I took a break and played just dance with Nathan. Then Alie got home and joined. It was a little workout for our tankini bodies right?

Saturday all the planning/errands started!


Snapchat credit: Alie. 

We tease my mother about the "mom run". Even when we aren't necessarily in a hurry, they just always feel the need to run so we don't waste time. So silly! 



Then we went to Target, which was too exhausting for Miss Alison. 



A trip to Goodwill was a must to get Hawaiian shirts. We stalked all the aisles and tried on every shirt and muumuu. 

The next morning we knew we needed to wake up and be ready by 5:00. We thought it would be fun to stay up late so we could sleep on the plane. So Alie and mom cleaned out the fridge, and I wasn't so helpful. I painted my nails, got new music, and folded some laundry. I guess I did help a little. Finally by 3 we went to bed. 

The morning came a little harsh. I thought I did well on no sleep but that wasn't quite true. I was moody and had a massive headache. Once we got to the airport, it was okay though. 




While driving to the airport, I asked what the setting arrangement was and he wouldn't tell me. He just said, you'll see when we get there. I thought he was annoyed of all my other questions, but once we got our tickets, he had a nice surprise for us: we were riding first class! I've never had the privilege of riding  first class, so I was pumped!! 





This picture cracks me up. Nathan was so stubborn and wouldn't turn around. His face mask and everyhting is just so funny. 


Then they made the stewardis take is. 


DJ is a cutie. 


Then the cute pictures ceased. Mom took sleeping pictures of us. 






We finally made it to our first lay-over. Then we were back on the plane for 6:31 hours. I was in heaven though! 1) They had tvs and the movie Frozen was the of the options. It was so hard not to sing along! 2) They fed us dinner! 3) I slept for at least 2 hours. 4) I got to read in peace and not feel bad about other things I needed to do. 5) I listened to music for at least an hour, just content sitting there. 

More pictures during our lay-over and then the plane ride.





The whole flight had a Hawaiian theme, it was the best! 



Then we finally made it! We drove in our little mini van to the hotel and checked in! I immediately unpacked because I knew I wouldn't want to do it once I sat down. Then we went to dinner at the hotel. We got freakin good virgin Pina Colads. Before we headed back to our room, we had to take a little walk down to the water. 


Once we got back from din, we rented the movie, "Now You See Me" from the hotel (they had a machine that is similar to red box), and ended the night watching it. 


Day 1 of Hawaii

So Hawaii is 3 hours behind AZ and it is the best time difference ever. I can go to sleep at 10 here and feel good about going to sleep early (it's really 1 in AZ) and wake up at 8 (which is really 11). Anyway 8 am rolled around, and I joined my family at the gym. It's not to late to lose weight for Hawaii right? :) 


This is how you use this machine right?

After the gym, we got breakfast at the hotel. 

They had yummy pineapple juice, and you can eat all the pineapples you want without your tongue hurting. It is the BEST. 

Also Morgan looked like the girl on her shirt, so we had to document it of course. 


Check out our view at breakfast.



After breakfast, the parents went to the grocery store and us kids hit the beach! 







Alie teasing Nate like always. 




Reading on the beach is a must. 


Selfies are also a must. 


Pina Coladas are essential! 



We were twinning, so we took a few million pictures. Most were failures! 




Someone forgot their sun glasses! 


They both actually did, so Nate borrowed Alies. 


We had a redo later. 


We also had the same Jesus sandals. 









After a long day in the sun, everyone except Nate, Alie and I were ready to go inside. So we hit the pool. 



First I played the color game with him… Then we switched. It didn't last too long. 





After we had the brilliant idea of drying off on the hammock. 


We look dead. 




Then Nate joined us. 




Later that night we had dinner at some cute place that was close enough to walk to. I was in love with all the flowers and the scenery. It was perfect. 





Photo Cred: Morgan. 


After din, the boys went to check out the tennis courts and the girls went back to the hotel. On our way we stopped at the market for aloe vera but since they had soft served ice cream, we couldn't resist. 

Side note: As we were walking back to the hotel, alie jumped to the side and said sorry. I heard someone running towards us, thinking it was Nathan catching up to us. As I turned I realized it was a chinese guy running toward me. I jumped aside and said "Oh my gosh"! Then I realized he was just out for a jog. He didn't say anything, he just "signed" hang loose, meaning he came in peace. It was pretty funny! Mixture of my paranoia and Hawaii's feel of "takin it easy". 

Once we finally got home, we rented another movie, "Despicable Me 2" and are just chillin now! That brings day one to an end! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top