March 1, 2014

Well once again, my Thursday was spent on "bed rest" but we will get back to that.

Sunday.

We had break the fast, and so it was a looooong day! The setting up is always the fun part, it's the cleaning that is the pain! We have to hand wash every single dish we use to prepare the food. By the time we get home, we are just exhausted. There are 2 benefits of preparing it though.. 1) We get to eat first since we prepared it! 2) 1st ward is cleaning up while we are setting up, so they always give us their desserts. So while the food was cooking, we ate ice cream with cookies. Yes we all ate right out to the ice cream tub.


Selfie while preparing the food. 


Steph is silly. 




Later that night I went to a "lemon party". Gabe, a friend in my ward has a ton of lemons at his parent's house, and he wanted to put them to good use. So everyone picked up some lemons from his house and  then came back and brought a dish. There was quite the variety, from pancakes, slushies, and lemon bars. I didn't bring something because I didn't have time to prepare anything…Loser status I know! 

Monday. 

So I decided that starting Monday a diet starts! I want to A) eat healthier. No more sweets during the week days! Weekends are the exception, but still not in excess. B) Go to the gym at least twice a week. This is a big deal for me. I have a lot of late night classes/committments, so by the time I get home, it's too late to go. So I'm learning to wake up early, or go during the day. 

I was going to wake up at 6, but it just wasn't happening. Luckily, my practicum partner said she couldn't go that morning, so I still got to hit the gym! Can I just say I am proud of myself? When I go to the gym, I usually run there, bike, do some abs on a mat and run back. Well this time I decided to run on a tredmill. To be honest, I hate tredmills. I feel it in my back for days. Anyway I ran, and I ran a whole mile!!! The funny thing is, the weekened before I had friends that ran ragnar, and I was excited about running a whole mile! You gotta start somewhere, right? :) 

I went to my classes like normal, and a meeting to learn the Ecuadorian Sign Language. Then it was time for FHE. We met in one of the institute classrooms as usual, but a huge accident happened. Someone broke an overhead by accidentally knocking the table over. I wanted to cry. I felt responsible since it was my family. I was so worried they wouldn't let us use that room again. The next day I went and talked to the teacher and he said it was okay. I thought I was going to have to pay for it. Then Brother Bauer (the Director of Tucson Institute) told me they have 3 extras. He added that the institute building is the most used LDS building, so stuff happens all the time. That definitely put my worries at ease. 

Tuesday. 

Steph got sick Sunday night and was miserable all day Monday as well. Poor thing. Knowing my immune system, I knew I was going to get sick. I accepted it, but just prayed that I could get through Tuesday because I had stuff I needed to get done. 

Prayers were answered, I got through my whole day! 

Wednesday morning came around and I felt awful. Hey my prayer was answered though. 

I chose a good day to be sick though. Both my classes got cancelled!

Thursday came around and I got worse. I had a test though so I had to go. I made it through the quiz, and got to come home to my bed! I literally ate nothing all day. I drank Gatorade and water. That's it. I tried to convince myself that I needed to eat, but everytime I sat up, I knew I couldn't. I guess I was just getting a head start on my diet :)

Friday. 

I still was feeling awful. I had to go to devotional though! Josie Thompson, MHS Alumni was speaking and I helped arrange it! So I sucked it up and went! I'm so grateful I did! She is an amazing person and a great speaker! I didn't know her before, but I love her! If you want to know more about her story, read her blog. http://josiethompson.com/ or just google her, she is a legend! :) 

The rest of the day, I just rested and caught up on my tv shows like "New Girl" and "Parks and Recreation". 

Okay that's not true. I went out that night. There was a game night at the institute and I needed to get out of the house. I was feeling better and finally ate some soup, so I felt confident. They had board games all over, and then in one of the rooms, there was Disney Just Dance. I need it! It was so cute!! 

After the event, UofA was having something called "Cat Crawl". It consisted of Laser Tag, a dance party, and free pizza. I tried to dance, but just couldn't do it. I was going to try laser tag, but I knew it wasn't a good idea. So my night ended with laying in bed, watching "Sweet Home Alabama" while playing Solitaire on my phone. 

Saturday. 

I am finally all better!!!! Okay not entirely, but I can move around! 

I started the day meeting with my ASL Mentor with lunch from Baggins (my new favorite sandwich place). It was about a thiry minute drive to her house, but I loved listening to music and soaking up the rain! 

After meeting with her, I drove back to Tucson for a meeting for Relay for Life. Our team leader couldn't attend, so I went for her! I'll give more deets about my feelings later. :) 

Once I came home, I rested, organized myself for the week, made a grocery list, and listened to the rain. 

Once the rain calmed down, I went to the grocery store which I had been putting off forever! 

By the time I came home, it was time to watch the Cultural Celebration. Unfortunately, the wifi connection was not working! We all turned off the Wifi on all our devices except the computer that was streaming it, but it just wasn't working. It was a bummer. 

Once we gave up on the cultural celebration, we got our gangster on! Why you ask? We were invited to a gangster dance party! Can I just say that Steph has some major courage!! Check her out! 


I don't know what my favorite part is, her eyebrows or hair! 



The ghetto doesn't stop! 






Unfortunately, I still was not up to my normal health, so we had it call it an early night. 

Once we got home, we turned on "Little Mermaid". What is better than after a ghetto night??


Also in honor of today being the 1st of March- Happy Birthday to the Biebs! Even though his life has gone down hill, I still love him! He can come back right?? After all, we are 30 days apart, so that means we are meant to be, right? :) Happy Birthday Justin! 





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top