February 23, 2014

Friday I woke up and just felt like I wanted to go home, so I did just that. It was the perfect weekend to leave though because there was nothing going on this weekend. 

Devotional that morning was amazing though! It was about relay for life and informing people about why we do it. Then 2 lovely ladies in my ward spoke about their experience as cancer victims. Their stories were both so powerful. Safe to say I shed many tears. They spoke in a way where it was still uplifting though, as the Gospel makes everything more optimistic. After devotional we went to dollar lunch, then we headed off to Mesa! 

Syd was going home for her bf's birthday, and Steph didn't want to be alone, so she came with! So Steph and I drove together plus Hung, our ward friend. He kept us laughing the whole time! Once we got into the valley, we dropped Hung off, and realized there was an Ikea, so we went in exploring! 









After our exploring, we went to San Tan to get more church clothes from Romy. Unfortunately, they closed! I was so upset!!! Romy had the cutest church clothes and always great deals! Fortunately, I had a yummy red velvet cupcake to make up for it. :) 

(this is like 1/2 of it. the cupcake was HUGE). 


By about 5 I finally went to mi casa and hung out with my family for a few hours. Then I spent the rest of my evening helping Kelley unpack her new home. :) They just barely got back from their honeymoon so they haven't even taken their gifts out of the packages! It was fun to catch up and hear about her trip to Hawaii, while getting things assembled. We were laughing about how grown up we are getting! Like who spends their Friday night unpacking?? I guess we are mini adults! 

Saturday I slept in pretty late and then went to lunch with Steph at Zupas! It was so good! That place is definitely growing on me. After lunch we decided to go to Last Chance for our first time! It was quite the adventure. First we parked on the wrong side and tried doors that weren't open to the public. Once we finally figured out where the front was, the inside was insane! It was packed!!! Neither of us ended up getting anything, so we treated ourselves to Cold Stone. I'd say we deserved it! Shopping is hard work! 

Right after our shopping trip, I went with my family to watch Nate's piano recital.



She is a crack up! 

 He definitely rocked it! I finally got home around 6 and did one homework assignment. Then my dad, DJ and I went to Costa Vida. Poor DJ, had to listen to me talking about money and my future. He has an interest in economics though, so hopefully it wasn't too boring to him! 

After dinner I went to Vanitas and just caught up with her. Going home always reminds me how blessed I am with both my friends and family! 

Sunday/today I woke up at 6:55, then my lovely mother drove me over to Syd's to drive back with Steph. We were all pretty tired so the drive was pretty chill. 


As soon as we got home, it was time to get to work! Steph is in charge of break the fast, so we washed, stabbed, and wrapped up 4 huge bags of potatos! Now we are just waiting for them to cook and then we will be off to church! 

PS. When I was writing the title I wrote November instead of February. Only 3 months behind! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top