Marathon

Don't be misled from the title. I didn't actually run in a marathon, nor will I ever.

Today I was thinking about my life in this 2013-2014 school year, and how I feel like everyday is a marathon. I'm constantly going, and there are constantly things I need to be prepping for. I am someone that thrives off of being productive and constantly doing something, which can be good and bad. I just have to make sure I always have my head above water. I experienced a lot of sweet tender mercies that helped me keep me head on straight and realize all I am blessed with.

So now an update on the rest of my week.

1. Remember how I applied for a job as a tutor? Well they contacted me and said they would like for me to come in for an interview!!! Yay!! Happy day! I will be going in tomorrow (Monday). Thankfully, I am not really nervous. If I don't get the job, whatevs. If I do, it will be a great growing experience!

2. Thursday night we were invited to a "weekly movie night"! Although there wasn't much watching the movie because everyone was quoting the lines before they were said. Plus a lot of side conversations. What do you expect when you have a big group of people watching a movie though??

3. I usually have practicum Friday but my partner got really sick, so instead I got to go to dollar lunch, devotional, and watch dance videos on youtube. Later that evening I got a lot of motivation so I whipped out a ton of homework!

4. Friday night everyone was gone (AB at her parents, and Syd in Mesa), so Steph and I watched a walk to remember (my favorite movie) while eating Sonic!!

5. Saturday morning I woke up early to get fit and go caving!! We met some friends at the institute and then drove in a 15 passenger van (with 16 people) to Peppersauce. I absolutely loved it! It had rainned that morning so some parts were muddy, but for the most part it was just really dusty. It really challenged me, which is why I loved it so much. There were times were you had to turn your body to the side while trying to army crawl to get through a "rabbit hole". Other times we would have to jump down a rock/slide yourself down the walls hoping you wouldn't fall. Or pull yourself up on slippery rocks. It was so fun though! I would do it again!!




Poor Derek got attacked by a cactus. 




We made it out before everyone else so we had a little photo shoot while waiting. 








6. After the caving, we got lunch at In-n-Out. I wanted a salad, but I clearly got rejected! We finally got home at 4, but that was not the end of the day. Next I ran some errands to get ready for Steph's birthday week! Later that night, we went to the institute to learn how to country dance! 



The teaching was bit slow, so we went home. Derek then convinced me to come back and I'm so glad I did! I of course was opposed to any lift, but I loved learning all the steps and line dances! It was a good time! 




7. I feel like I was at church all day! We started it off with 5th ward's sacrament meeting. It was so fun to hear all their testimonies! Right after their meeting, we headed over to our ward for church! Testimony meeting was SO GOOD. I missed November, December and January's testimony meeting because I was in Mesa, so I was so excited to be back! It is my absolute favorite church meeting, especially in my ward. 

8. During third hour, I helped Annabeth prep for break the fast. She was a champ and got most of the food ready that morning, so there really wasn't that much to do. Soon enough it was break the fast and we got to enjoy good food, company and a little rest. After we had to hand wash everything and clean up the place since we were the last ward. We got out of there by 5:30, which isn't too bad since church ended at 4. 

9. We came home to a mini/roommate superbowl party, which I am proud to say my team was winning. Disclaimer: I only liked the Seahawks because they have a deaf guy on their team. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have cared for either of the teams. 

That pretty much sums up the weekend. Let's hope I'm ready for yet another week of school! :) 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top