Mrs Kelley McNeil

So this blog post will mostly be about the wedding but there are some important things to go over first.

1. Shoutout to my dad! His birthday was today but I didn't even get to see him because he was in New York! Typical, always working hard and never thinking of himself! Happy Birthday Dad!! I hope you treated yourself to a Diet Coke!

2. I got the iphone 5s! It is an early birthday gift and probably my only gift. Haha! But it is worth it. My favorite part is the camera! It is amazing!

3. This part isn't so happy… My dear great uncle, Ben, that has been battling Leukemia for a year, passed away on Monday. Saturday night when I got home, I received an email saying he wasn't going to live much longer. My heart was shattered. I went outside and called my mom. I just wept. I know I will see him again, I don't doubt that for a second. I knew he would be out of his misery, it's just sad. In that moment, all my feelings of when JaKelle came back, so everything was doubled. Sunday, for the first 2 hours in the morning, I just cried in my bed. I did eventually get up, and go to church. Not gonna lie, it was a struggle, and so I only stayed for the first hour. Monday morning came and I just knew it was time. During practicum I saw a text saying he passed. I am really good at hiding my emotions when others are around me (I often can't cry in front of people anyway). Once I got to my car, I wept again. I am so grateful he is healed and with his son that passed away at a young age. Prayers are of course with my aunt and his children.

Okay now onto the happy, because life is still good! Right?

So I'm going to give you a brief history about Kelley and my relationship so you understand how important today was! When I was 2 1/2, my family moved into a new house, which just happened to be 4 doors down from hers. We were in the same ward, and school class. We went through all the typical little girl drama while growing up (accusing eachother of liking a boy we both secretly liked, hiding shoes and locking the other outside the house, etc). Once junior high hit, we finally got over those stupid drama days, and became closer than ever. We would walk to the bus stop everyday, and those were great bonding times to talk about our successes and frustrations and boys of course! During junior high, we also danced together at a studio all night long. So we were together all the time. High school hit and we would car pool, dance after school, dance at a studio, etc. Once again, dance held us together. We solifided our relationship and knew we would be Best Friends FOREVER. Any activity I went to, so did she. We were pretty inseparable. College came around, and I moved to Tucson, but the distance meant nothing. When I would come back home, it was like no time was lost. Kelley is my third sister, simple as that. So today was her wedding day to her sweet boy, Eric!

Vanita and I arrived at the temple at 10, so we could watch Kim's (Kelley's sister) children while they went in the temple. The kids definitely entertained us!












When we were in the visitor's center, Jaxon (the one pictured above) was so sweet. As we were looking at pictures of Jesus, he said, "I wish I could see Jesus right now". The innocence in his voice just melted my heart. Later I told his mother what he said and she said that when they were leaving for the temple he said, "Have fun with Jesus". Kids are the best. 

By about noon, the newly weds finally came out! 








After a few pictures (I will post once I get them), Vanita, Jena and I went to Costa Vida for lunch! It was soooooo goood, man I missed that place!! After lunch, we went to Mesa to say hello to some teachers that we love and miss! It was weird how the smell of the hallways brought back so many memories. It mainly made me miss all my missionaries! 

After visiting MHS, we went back to my house to touch up our makeup and hair, so we could be ready for more pictures! During our break, we got to read Sheridan's email and in it was a video of her dancing. Oh man, it made me miss her even more and wish she could be celebrating with us. 

Soon enough, it was time for the reception! May I just say that the food was the best part?! It was actually filling food and SO good! They made great selections! 

Oh and we went through the recieving line first so we could get pictures! :) 








The first dance was just tender. I may or may not have cried. 







Daddy daughter dance.. 






Soon enough the bride and groom left and we got to work cleaning the place up! 

When we were done cleaning, Sarah decided we need pictures with our flowers which turned into a photoshoot… 


Sarah is A BABE. 





I just wanted to get out of there, so I wasn't taking it serious. 








Vanita insisted that we dance and Bro Hatch photo bombed! 



Then the posing continued! 






By 10, we finally made it to the parking lot, only to talk for another half hour! Finally at 10:40 we got home, only to realize we left shoes there! Not only that, but they were shoes we borrowed! We drove back there so fast, I don't know how we didn't get a ticket! I pulled up to the front and Vanita just kept knocking on the clubhouse door. We experienced a tender mercy. The guy was just doing a walk through and about to turn off the lights! Luckily he heard Vanita and we got the shoes! 

Today was A LONG DAY! My first time being involved in the wedding party, so that made everything twice as long and fun! I feel so blessed and privileged to have Kelley and Eric as my friend! Best of luck to the both of them, and have fun in Hawaii you love birds!! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top