1. So first things first, shout out to Lourena, our cute friend!! It was her birthday on Sunday and we are so grateful she was born! She is a "soon to be" foreign exchange student from Africa. She is the sweetest thing! Also her name is Lauren in Portugese, so we just have an instant connection!! Anyway, she is in my ward, and although she is the "new girl", she is the one that is constantly reaching out to others! In honor of her birth, we went out to dinner to celebrate last night!
This picture was from Sunday.
Her birthday din.
She is a princess.
2. So I kind of blew up social media with this (twitter, instagram, facebook, and snapchat) but it is something I want to document. If you don't care to hear more about it, feel free to log off.
I would like to start by saying I never cried in any of this which is a big deal for how much pain I felt.
Okay so here is the story… This morning I was getting ready and was trying to shut my drawer. It was too full so I tried to push the clothes down while shutting it. Stupid me, I didn't get my finger out fast enough, so it got slammed shut. Holy hannah! It hurt like crazy! I could see a line in my nail and I couldn't feel my finger. I held my finger for a second hoping the pain would just go away.
I needed to hurry and go to class but the pain started getting worse. I finished getting dressed, then went and told Steph I almost passed out. Then I went back into my room and knelt down holding my hand. I wanted my mom in that moment, but decided prayer would help. I remember I was about to pray for the pain to go away, but next thing I knew, I was on the ground and my head hurt.
I got up on my bed and was a little disoriented. Everything was black, and I struggled to breathe. I couldn't talk either, I had to really concentrate on every word (I thought I was having a stroke to be honest). I somehow got out Steph's name and asked her for water. After a few minutes, I could breathe again, and see. Side note: I did eat breakfast earlier this morning so fainting wasn't because of that.
I was scared to go back to sleep right then because I didn't want to pass out again. I still had a bad headache and I realized my face hurt as well. I took a selfie to see if it was maybe cut or something. Yes it was definitely cut!
I called my mother and told her what happened, and she suggested my finger may be broke.
So off to the next adventure.
I went to Urgent Care (looking back I probably shouldn't have driven because of how loopy and tired I was). I had to wait an hour and half just to get into the patient room. The upside is, once I got in the patient room they had a tv AND they allowed me to choose the channel.
Then I got this sweet text from Steph..
Bless her heart. It definitely made me feel better.
I also recieved this text from my little sister, who I knew would be concerned.
She was my little doctor too. :) (Ps the time isn't correct because I took a screen shot later)
So the doctor finally saw me and said there is a 90% chance it is broken but they didn't have an X-Ray tech there. So they put my finger in a splint and sent me off to another location.
Driving was so hard. The splint was supposed to prevent be further jamming it, but it actually had an opposite effect since it was so long!
While I was driving, it hit me that my finger may be broken. That is not fun for anyone, but with a major that centers around my hands, it was a big problem! I wondered if I would have to drop out this semester and do all my classes again. I started to weigh all my options and thought for sure I'd just have to switch majors. But there was nothing else I wanted to do (I guess that solidified my passion). Right then, I said a prayer that it wouldn't be broken. Instantly (no joke) I felt like the bones were strengthened. It still hurt but it felt stronger.
I arrived at the other urgent care and my prayer was answered! No broken or fractured finger for me! HALLELUJAH!
Now to end on a positive note. By 2 I finally got home and ate my lunch. Then Steph, AB and I went to lay out so we can start wearing shorts.
Then we came back, watched the cute movie Steph red boxed. Which was totally predictable, but I loved it! Then they had to leave to watch a play for a class and I got myself ice cream from Coldstone (I thought I deserved it), and watched The Bachelor.
The end.










0 comments:
Post a Comment