Steph's Birthday Week.

To be honest, I was thinking about giving up blogging, because it is becoming more of a hassle than fun. Then I decided it helps me journal, and only my family really reads it anyway, so I should keep it going! So here is an update on my week!!

1. So on Sunday I fasted for help academically. I had to interpret in a math class, and I was just really struggling, and I knew I needed help. It was amazing though, the very next day, I received an answer!! I was interpreting in the same math class and I was able to make sense of everything, and even my partner recognized my improvement! Not gonna lie, at first I was a little prideful, but then I realized it was all God, as an answer to my plead for help.

2. I was at FHE, and Reggie asked me to interpret for him. I told him he should ask Derek, and he said, no I want you to. I couldn't refuse, so I had to just give it a try! I ended up interpreting for an hour and a half straight. That is an extremely long time. Professional interpreters only go for 20 minutes and then switch with their team. I left feeling accomplished though!!

3. On Monday I had my job interview, and it went very well! I tried on 4 outfits before I decided on one, but it didn't help that it was REALLY cold outside! In the interview, I felt really confident and not a hint of fear. By the end of the interview, the grad student told me I was hired!! HAPPY DAY! I am now an official tutor ASL at the SALT Center!

4. Since I am going to Ecuador, I have to get a passport, so I took the first step and got my picture. Well I guess you can't smile and your hair has to be behind your ears. 1) My hair is really thick, so it looks awful with both sides behind my ears. 2) I can't help but smile, and I can't be serious in pictures. So the picture is atrocious!

5. This week has also consisted of a few shows like PLL, and the Bachelor. A) Ezra is awful and he makes me sick. B) Juan Pablo needs to go home.

6. Tuesday I met with my mentor but I did a double with another student and her mentor. It was so fun though because her mentor is the teacher I use to volunteer for. So it was fun to catch up with her, and now I need to go visit her classroom! :)

7. So this week is Steph's birthday week and by tradition, we give them a little gift everyday! Throughout the past few days, we gave her Diet Coke, Chipotle gift card, fanny pack (she always steals Syds and her fathers), and 2 cat shirts. The next few will be announced after she has opened them! That is only a part of the fun!!

The one thing she wanted for her Birthday was an iphone, and a boyfriend. Well I can't really accomplish either of those, so I had another idea! Every night we set her up with a date! The first day we let her know who it was, but the rest of them, she just had to wait til they picked her up to find out who they are. Steph being the analytical person she is, she was able to guess all of them. At the same time, that is good though because that means we chose people she would want to go with!!

Here are some pictures from the fun…

Monday none of us were home to get a picture, but we will get one tomorrow to make up for it!



Tuesday was EJ. Her best friend. 


Wednesday was Matt. After their date, he came over and watched the Bachelor with us :) 


This is the date hat. 


Today was the last day (tomorrow is her party and Saturday us roomies are going out to eat),
 and it was Travis. 


He even brought flowers!! 




Side note: Jumping on bubble wrap is extremely exhilarting and therapeutic. 







CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top