Valentines Day
For the record, I've never been dating anyone on Valentines Day but I still love the holiday! It is a nice little break in the month and helps me remember how many great people are in my life. In high school my dear friend Sarah Campbell was always my Valentine. She was the best Valentine too! She got my flowers and would buy me jewelry. This year my little sister, Alison was my Valentine.
Anyway I had practicum all day, which meant 2 things. 1) I got to dress up and get ready for Valentines Day. 2) It made me grateful to be out of high school. All the girls carried huge stuffed animals and balloons all throughout the halls. It was like a competition. I definitely don't miss that. Side note: In one of the classes the student had a flower in a water bottle, well at one point he took out the flower and drank the water. Then he put the flower back in and acted like nothing happened! My partner and I were trying not to crack up laughing!
During my break, Steph and I went to Sonic to enjoy a milkshake. Then I was off to take a test, then back to practicum.
Once practicum was over, I turned on the tv and was in heaven! Chick flicks were on every station! I was home alone for a few hours and decided to take a selfie to share with the world how romantic my day was. :)
By about 7 Steph, Bert and I went to get dinner! We got hamburgers at a place called Zinburger! It was so good! I definitely recommend it! They even had cute little heart balloons on the chairs for the occassion.
After dinner we went back to our house to find adorable cupcakes that Annabeth made! Bert and Steph then had a jam sesh which soon included Chris, AB's boyfriend! They are all talented people!!
In the middle of the jam sesh I turned on the game against ASU. It was a huge disappointment. I was throwing pillows, and shouting at the team. Once I realized Jahii was on ASU's team, I felt less upset. Jahii is a MHS alumus that was an all-star on our basketball team and he now plays for ASU. So I had some pride for my high school!
Saturday.
I went on a temple trip with some lovely people in my ward. We got there at 3 but didn't walk out of those doors til 6. While we were in the temple, they lost our names, so we got to spend a lot of extra time in there. I absolutely loved it though. Usually they get us in and out so fast that there is no time for reflection. So I really enjoyed the additional time.
The temple has such beautiful flowers all around right now! I definitely loved walking around and taking them in!
After the temple, we went to Costa Vida (my second time in one week). Shout out to Ali for buying all of us din! She is a saint! Also shout out to Kevin for being chivalry back! Everytime we got in the car, he opened the door for all of us girls, and he threw away my plate at din.
We got home around 9, and I came home to a RS movie night at my house. I only stayed about 20 mins and then I went on a night hike with Ali, Aubrey, Bryce, Bo and 2 of Aubrey's friends. To be honest, it wasn't really a hike, it was more like a walk through the desert. We stopped half way and played signs, which is one of my favorite game. No it does not involve ASL, but I feel like I'm at an advantage because my eyes are trained to notice when someone moves their hands in the slightest bit. Safe to say I was never caught/out.
Sunday.
I set my alarm for 10, but just naturally woke up at 8. So I did something I never have time to do, I read. It was so relaxing and once it was time for church, I felt mentally ready! Church was great, and I got my recommend for the Gilbert Temple Dedication! After church we had linger longer, then a meeting to plan the next activity for my ward. By the time we got home, I was exhausted!
This picture was while we were waiting for the meeting to start. They are HOTTIES.
During the meeting Steph and AB were breaking it down for us!
Later that night Travis and Steph had a jam sesh! I was getting myself organized for the next week, but it was great background music. They have some serious talent.
Monday.
For FHE we went to my husband's house (fhe partner) to watch the Olympics and eat carmel corn! Can i just say that the carmel corn was heavenly?! It was so good!! As for the Olympics I didn't really watch it, I just chatted with Clary and Reagan.
I also had a meeting for my Ecuador trip and it made me SO excited!! We skyped with a man in Ecuador that plans mission trips. It helped resolve my worries about crime, and made me even more pumped!!
That's all I feel like blogging about. Hopefully I will be better about keeping up with it!





0 comments:
Post a Comment