I have a lot of random thoughts going through my head. First I'll update y'all on my life.
1. So for a class I had to change a daily behavior for 5 days and write a paper about it. She gave suggestions of exercising more, eating better, etc. I decided I would do those things for a week, and then just stop. I wouldn't really benefit. I tried to think about what I need to work on and I eventually decided I need to decrease my time on social media. I am only allowing myself to go on Facebook and Instagram one time a day. That doesn't sound too bad, but it takes a lot of restraint! Whenever I get to class early, have a break in between classes, come home, right before bed, wake up, etc, I just go on my phone. It is a horrible habit.
I started this goal yesterday and I am already seeing results. I got a ton of homework done, AND worked out by 7! That is a big deal for me! Plus during the day, I socialized with more people instead of just sitting on my phone. Let's hope I can keep up this habit after these 5 days!
2. I got a new ASL mentor for the semester and I absolutely love her. This is my third mentor (3 different semesters) and she is definitely my favorite. I can tell I will actually enjoy my weekly meet ups with her, and actually look forward to them! She is a mom of 3 kids and is so cute! Maybe I love her because she is like a mother figure? Idk, but she is the best!
3. I applied for a job in ASL tutoring! It would just be a few hours a week, so it is perfect! Plus I would be benefiting from practicing my ASL skills! Now I just have to cross my fingers that I actually get it!
That basically sums up my life as of late.
So like I said, I've had a lot on my mind as of late. I have had a fascination lately with reading random articles that I come across from Facebook or buzzfeed. Some of them true, others not so much. I just have this drive to be educated in everything right now. For example, I suddenly have this desire to learn about our government. I want to take a class so I can learn more about politics, but not necessarily about the bias crap though. I just want the facts…. Or I want to learn Spanish. That would probably kill me learning a third language, but I want to fit it in my schedule somehow next semester.
Anyway any subject that comes across my mind, I like looking it up and finding out as much as I can about it. Today I learned something very valuable. As important it is to be educated in life, I first need to be seeking the wisdom of God. Sometimes the things online go against what God says. Things that I study online, I can find from studying God's word. I have looked up things about finance, dating, and marriage but all of that can be found in studying what God has to say about it. Idk that was just a good reminder that the truth is all around me, and need to avoid the "world".
This was in the Oct 2013 conference: "…civil goverments are heavily influenced by social trends and secular philosophies as they write, rewrite and enforce laws. Regardless of what civil legislation may be entacted, the doctrine of the Lord regarding marriage and morality (can tie in any principle here) cannot be changed. Remember: sin, even if legalized by man, is still sin in the eyes of God". I don't mean to get all controversial. Nor am I trying to say we should disrespect our leaders in the government. I didn't vote for Obama, but it is important to still respect him now that he is president. What I get from this exercpt is that while the world is changing, God is constant, so the best wisdom to seek is His.
Sorry to get all deep.
That is all for now. Goodnight.
Anyway any subject that comes across my mind, I like looking it up and finding out as much as I can about it. Today I learned something very valuable. As important it is to be educated in life, I first need to be seeking the wisdom of God. Sometimes the things online go against what God says. Things that I study online, I can find from studying God's word. I have looked up things about finance, dating, and marriage but all of that can be found in studying what God has to say about it. Idk that was just a good reminder that the truth is all around me, and need to avoid the "world".
This was in the Oct 2013 conference: "…civil goverments are heavily influenced by social trends and secular philosophies as they write, rewrite and enforce laws. Regardless of what civil legislation may be entacted, the doctrine of the Lord regarding marriage and morality (can tie in any principle here) cannot be changed. Remember: sin, even if legalized by man, is still sin in the eyes of God". I don't mean to get all controversial. Nor am I trying to say we should disrespect our leaders in the government. I didn't vote for Obama, but it is important to still respect him now that he is president. What I get from this exercpt is that while the world is changing, God is constant, so the best wisdom to seek is His.
Sorry to get all deep.
That is all for now. Goodnight.
0 comments:
Post a Comment