Yes today is National Chocolate Cake day. In honor I ate 3 cupcakes, and brought the rest of the 21 to FHE. My family better love me!
So back track to Friday night.
Once we got back from the temple open house, I went and got myself some Taco Bell. A crunchwrap sounded so good, but I was so wrong!! I even woke up Saturday feeling awful. Anyway, after I ate I went to the Ice Cats game! It was so fun to go again. I feel like a whole school year has passed since I've been to a game. Semesters= a year in college. Or at least that's how it feels.
After the game, Bert and I became BFFs and we picked up Steph, then went to Cold Stone. Mmmm. I was going to do a bet with my dad where we don't eat ice cream or soda for a year, but I decided I was done. In my defense, I have done it before, 2 years in fact!
Saturday Steph and I went to a baptism for a new member in my ward. His name is Chris, and he seems like he really gets it. He is a great addition to our ward! As bonus, they had rockin refreshments and a missionary with a cute Australian accent gave a talk.
Right after the baptism, Steph, Derek and I went over to the Mckale Center to watch a gymnastic meet. Derek brought it to my attention that those are covered in our "Zona Zoo" pass (package we buy at the beginning of the year for school sports), so we decided we should check it out. Let me just tell ya, those girls are amazing!!! I can't even begin to comprehend how they do everything. The meet was definitely worth my time.
Later that night, Steph, Annabeth and I got our mormon "provo pride" on! One of our friends had a "provo party" where guys dress like bros, and girls display the provo poof.
There is even an article about the provo poof.
http://universe.byu.edu/2011/11/15/trend-the-utah-poof/
The best part of dressing up, is that I dress so "Mormon" that I had way too many options.
The party was so fun though!! They had pizza and CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES. MMMMMMM. So good!!! The overall party was a dance party, so you can bet your bottom dollar that I was out dancing the whole time! Dance parties are easily my favorite kind of parties!
Sunday.
Church was really good, there was a common theme in every lesson about covenants. So I definitely have a deeper understanding about the covenants I have made now and how important they are. After church, I came home and decided I wanted to go sing at the nursing home with other ward members. Oh my goodness. Boy have I been missing out!!
1. I don't sing very well, but boy do I love it! Hymns are something that are so powerful and you can just sing your heart out!!
2. The old people just loved it. My favorite was when they would participate in singing, clapping, waving or even smiling.
3. After we sang, we mingled. It was a little scary at first, but it became more natural as we went on.
I feel like "singing at a nursing home" is kind of cliche like "reading to the blind", but the experience was unforgettable!
Happy National Chocolate Cake Day
The lady to the right with balloons by her head was easily my favorite. As we moved to the differnet dining halls she followed us, and would wave every 4 songs. Love her!
Thanks for being my partner Steph!!
Later that night, we went over to Cody, Nate and Jared's house. Cody was a sweetheart and let us eat some of his crock pot. Later we found out the meat was actually deer meat! Good thing he didn't tell us til after, but it was actually really good! I think I like it more than roast!
Monday.
I had practicum (where I sign with a partner) and it definitely left me feeling like I know nothing. We interpreted a math class…
A) I haven't taken math in 3 years so I am a bit rusty.
B) I don't know any math signs. We are learning them this year.
So I definitely need to do some research on how to interpret a math class.
After practicum, I sped walked as fast as my legs would allow. I had ten minutes to walk to class and I somehow made it right on time! It helped that I was listening to the "Frozen" soundtrack as I walked!
Later that day, I was super productive.
1. Did some homework that I've been putting off.
2. Signed up for Relay for Life.
3. Made cupcakes for my family.
4. Went to the gym.
5. FHE.
I haven't even watched The Bachelor or Switched at Birth yet!
Side note: I always like to be looking forward to something.
Countdown to Kelley's Wedding: 13 days
Countdown to Morgan's wedding: 95 days
Countdown to Ecuador: 109 days
Countdown til Sheridan gets home: 407 days


0 comments:
Post a Comment