Tuesday.
I'm going to start with my big news!!!! I AM GOING TO ECUADOR THIS SUMMER!!!!!! No, I am not going on a mission, it is school related. The first week we will be volunteering in a deaf school, so we will have to learn their sign language beforehand. Yes, ASL is not universal, every language has their own sign language. Anyway, the second week we will be going on adventures and touring. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has consumed my thoughts for the past two days!
Anyway….
I started off my day with attending my morning class for the first time. It was super easy of course since we were just going over the syllabus. As bonus, there is a deaf student in the class (Max, who is friends with Travis from Switched at Birth), which means there is an interpreter in the class. Watching her/them will definitely make the class more entertaining.
After that class I headed over to my next one. I had the same teacher last semester and didn't click so well. Thankfully this semester, the class seems to have been structure and will hopefully continue to go well!
Next was institute class which is like a party. A) We are in D&C which I absolutely love. It is so direct and I always know what I need to do after reading. B) The class is a good size and I know just about everyone in there. C) Reggie (another deaf friend) is taking the class, so I also get to watch Ren interpret. Maybe someday I'll even take a turn. The only negative thing about that class is that no one can play the piano. I was just thinking the other day how lucky I am that someone can always play in my institute classes. Well I guess that is karma! Now I will have to play every Tuesday/Thursday.
When Institute was finished, I finally got a chance to eat! So I ran/drove home, ate and then came right back for a meeting. That is definitely an advantage of living so close.
Later that evening, we had our traditional Tuesday- Chipotle, and PLL. Pretty soon everyone went to bed but I got a second wind! So I started writing thank you notes and paying the bills. Eventually I did fall asleep, and it was before one in the morning!
Side note: Stephanie gave me my Christmas gift and it was so thoughtful of her! It's hard to explain but it's a key chain and she stitched the "I love you" handshape in sign language. To top it off, she made it yellow and teal. That absolutely made my day!!
Wednesday.
These are always my productive days because I get so much motivation to just buckle down!! I woke up early, got ready, ate breakfast, went to the post office, did some homework, and laundry all before 11 am. That is really good for me! After all of this, I went to class. This is one of those classes that is an "easy a", so I get to sit back and relax.
Right after class I went over to the institute for class. While waiting for it to start, I told EJ he should be the class president. Somehow it got turned on me and now I guess I'm the Class Pres. EJ is still my "assistant because he wrote on the board for me and got everyone to pay attention.
After class, Steph and I went on some adventures that included: getting lunch, going to the mall, and grocery shopping. Oh and somewhere in there, I did go to another class! Later that night, after getting lost, and having to renavigate, we went to a movie night! We were told it was going to be "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" but they ended up playing "Disturbia". Yeah no thanks. Luckily I have seen it before, but that was like 5 years ago. Fortunately, I am all safe and sound in my home now! Wish me the best of dreams! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment