This may be the longest break I have had in blogging. I'm sure once school starts it will pick up.
My days have mostly consistly of staying up until 4, waking up at noon, laying in bed for an hour (going through all my social media), eating lunch, working on my online class, and reading my book. I haven't been too social.
Well okay that's not completely true. Morgan was home for the break, so I had bonding time with her and Alison. Plus I was sick for awhile, but before then, I always did something.
Last weekend I had a wonderful experience though! There was something called AZ YSA Conference. It was a church sponsored weekend for single adults that are between 18-30, and it was open to anyone in Arizona. So as you can imagine there were a ton of people there!!!
Friday night Elder Holland was going to come and speak to us, but he got called on some emergency. I was really bitter at first, and didn't even want to go. It ended up being a really good devotional even without him there, so I'm glad I went.
Vanita and I showed up really early to get in line so we could get good seats. We had to wait in line for an hour, so to entertain ourselves, we played heads up! There were a lot of funny moments like when I was trying to display "CPR" and she thought it was booty popping. Haha!
Farewell Break.
After the conference we continued the game. Alie killed me. She is a goof.
Vanita spent the night so we could just wake up early and go the next day. Unfortunately, I could not go to sleep that night. I decided to read "Heaven is Here" to help make me tried. It had the opposite effect though and made me go into deep reflection. Finally at 4 I fell asleep.
Saturday.
This was a looooooooooong day!
We woke up at 7 and got ready and then picked up our friends Jaxon Huffacker and Andrew Marriott. Those boys sure made the whole day a party. They talk to anyone and everyone near us. Anyway the first part of the day was a devotional. Some very cool famous people like Thurl Bailey (NBA Player), Via somethin (tongan from MHS, Boxer), and someone else that I cannot remember. It was a really good devotional though! By the time it was done, I was so ready to be out of those seats. After sitting for 3 hours, you can't really sit anymore.
We got our lunch and then walked over to our next room for a workshop. This was the part I was most excited for because the Nielson's were speaking. Nielson's as in Christian and Stephanie Nielson the ones that got in the horrible airplane accident.
Their presentation had the whole room laughing and in tears. They are such special people. Vanita and I purposely went to the last session they were speaking at so we could get a picture with him. There was a line where we had to wait for 20 minutes, but it was SO WORTH IT. She greeted everyone with a hug and made everyone feel so special. You would have thought she was dear friends with all of us.
They are such beautiful people.
After the workshop, we got dinner, and had time to do whatever we wanted. We went into the service project after we ate, but they were already picking up. We found some Tucson friends and just socialized til it was time to head over to the next devotional!
This was a big deal because Mitt Romney and his sweet wife Ann was speaking.
In all honesty, Ann's was my favorite because she told us about her conversion story and even told us a little secret about Mitt. :)
After they were done, the gospel related stuff was over and we had a concert!
First the Linford twins performed, which really got the crowd roaring when they proposed to their girlfriends. My favorite was when he asked if he could take care of her forever. Okay I may or may not have been crying. I definitely wouldn't want it that public, but it was so sweet.
Next Brooke White performed. She is the cutest thing. I thorougly enjoyed her performance.
Finally Alex Boye performed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVzwkn_ilwA
They started with showing us this video of him. ^^^
He definitely stole the show. He was so entertaining to watch and even got Mitt to come on stage and dance!! It left us all pumped and ready for the dance!!
The dance was so fun, but too short in my opinion!
Overall the day was so fun but long. When I woke up the next morning, Vanita and I joked that we were hung over. Our bodies ached and we were so tired.
Monday.
I finally finished my online class. It felt like a weight off my shoulders. I am so glad I did it though. It helped keep me busy, but wasn't too much.
After, I got to message Sheridan for at least an hour!! That's what makes having a best friend on a mission bearable!
We soon had to say goodbye though. Kel was a doll and cut my hair. I definitely slammed her with questions about wedding plans!!
Right when I got home, my mother told me we were going to dinner, which i was thrilled about.
Tuesday.
It was finally time to get up and head back to Tucson. My mother won the mother of the year award! She A) made me dinner to take and have throughout the week. B) Made my favorite treat. C) Did all my laundry.
She made it very hard to leave, but now that I am all moved back in, I am ready for a new semester.








0 comments:
Post a Comment