Spring Break Comes to an End

Friday we took a trip to LA. Not really but it felt like we were in southern California. We drove an hour to hit up another beach so we could boogie board and play in the waves. It was so crowded and pretty sketch. Pretty sure we had to drive 15 minutes just to find a parking spot, then we had to walk all the way down to the beach. 

Once we finally got settled, Alie, Morgan and I went shopping. Morgs really wanted "jesus shoes" and Al and I wanted the cute "HI" shirts. There were seriously ABC stores on every corner, so it wasn't hard to find what we needed. 

After we were done, we went out in the ocean and played on the boogie boards. It was all fun and games until we got farther out. There were extremely sharp rocks right beneath us. I couldn't even swim at one point because my hands were getting scraped. Then we got too close to the wall, so we had to try to swim to the side to get to the other side. Alie thought we were going to die. It was physically exhausting trying to swim against the waves, but we made it! When we got out, we had some nice cuts on our feet. Thankfully we didn't attract any sharks.


Then we ate lunch and headed back to our hotel. DJ and dad went to play tennis and the rest of us hit up the beach by our hotel. Nate and I played in the water for an hour and a half, then we all moved to the pool. I learned how to become a kid again, chasing Nate and Alie through the pool playing tag. They always call for a good time. 




Alie was laughing at me for carrying all the bags… 



By about 6:30 we went in, showered for dinner. After din Morgan and I individually (yes individually) watched PLL. It was crazy. Whenever I watch it by myself, it freaks me out a lot more, so I had to watch New Girl after to help me fall asleep. 

Saturday/today, we woke up abruptly at 5 am. Yes 5 am. That is way too early. Even if it was 8 AZ time, but if we are playing that game, then I didn't go to sleep til 2:30 AZ time. 

Soon enough we were boarding our plane. The good part: Alie and I were plane buddies.  The bad part: they didn't have individual tvs and they played some old stupid movie. I got through a whole book though, so that was good! It's called, "Heaven is Real". Someone on Insta recommended it, so i bought it before the trip. It's about a little boy that was nearly dead, and took a visit to heaven. The whole story talks about his experience. I am a little iffy about some parts, but most of it is amazing! 


We had one lay-over in LA, so we grabbed some lunch and enjoyed our cell phone service after lacking it for 4 hours. 



Now we are on the plane to AZ! It was such a great vaca! Reality is going to hit real hard! I am going to miss my “getting ready for the day” consisting of putting on a swimsuit and brushing my hair.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top