Wednesday.
Campus was handing out free stuff on the mall to somehow pursuade us to have a safe spring break! All i know is that I enjoyed the free food, shirt, sun glasses, water bottle, wrist band AND I pledged to stop the R word!
I worked in the morning and afternoon, which meant A) I saw Steph because she works at the front desk. B) I finally met Albert. He is the janitor there and he is a hoot! I'll mention some stories about him on a later day! He definitely boosts your self-esteem though with all his flattery!
Later that evening we all went out to eat to celebrate Natalie's birthday at Native! It was fun and as bonus, the boneless wings were having their special!
Thursday.
School was pretty normal. Besides the fact that I definitely had my sassy pants on! Not literally, I was just in a sassy mood all day.
That night Steph, Syd, AB, Cody, Sarah, Nate, Jared and I all went to Lindys, which is a really yummy burger place! We went there before, you may remember them by their slogan, "Stopping anoxeria by one hamburger at a time". It was a good time!
Friday.
I had practicum like normal and decided to document it with a snapchat selfie.
After practicum, I finally made a meal! I have been meaning to make something for 2 weeks but first I was sick, then I went out to eat every night for a special occasion. So I was happy to finally make something!
Later, Syd and I went over to the institute to set up for the talent show.
I have decided that setting up/helping with activities makes them a lot more meaningful. You feel accomplished even if the activity didn't take much work!
The talent show was really good though!
AB played her cello and was a rock star! I don't think I've ever really heard her play, so I was genuinely impressed! She was a little opposed to all our cheering as she entered the stage though!
Steph played her guitar and sang Pompeii. I have heard her practicing this a few times, but I never get sick of it! She is very talented, and rocked the show!
Toward the end, I looked at the show order and saw a boy's name and that he was dancing. I was really curious what kind of dancing. I didn't know he could dance! Then 4 cute boys get on stage and start rocking out to "What Makes You Beautiful". I was absolutely loving it!! I was dancing in my seat and yelling things like "work it"!
Then the guy in the middle, Carl Ellingson aka Payton Manning, jumped off the stage. He started dancing in the middle section. In my head I thought, okay if he comes to our side, I'm going to stand up and dance with him! Well next thing I knew, he was on our side, and grabbing my hand. HE PULLED ME ON STAGE!
They basically danced around me while singing the chorus. To be honest, I didn't know what to do. When I first got up there I kind of hit a pose, but then what next?? I thought about dancing, but didn't want to take away, nor did I know what they were doing around me. So instead I stood there blushing like a school girl.
Safe to say I had a lot of adrenaline after and was smiling all night. Def made my night that I was the "one less lonely girl". Wrong artist reference, I know!
Right after the talent show, Syd and I drove to Mesa. Yes it was pretty late. We had a solid talk about life! She is a wise lady!
Once I got home, I talked to DJ, Morgan, Payson and Alie at the table while eating strawberries. Eventually everyone got ready for bed, and mom joined me. We then talked for another hour and a half. She is the best. Even when she is exhausted, she still wants to talk to me. As bonus, she wants to hear any boy story I have to offer!
Saturday.
The morning came a little to early. Morgan had her bridal shower in the am though, so we needed to get up. Karen and Sarah hosted it for her, and it was absolutely perfect!
My cute aunt Lorie and cousin Mikell surprised us all and
flew down from Utah! I had to do a double take when I saw them, and freaked out
once I realized it was them!
After the shower, we were all dehydrated and probably had
heat stroke. Alie and I went to Target to get her some stuff she didn’t get at
the shower. Plus the typical wedding gift girls get. I don’t know if it makes
me a good or bad sister for taking my 13 year old sister shopping for it. I
also think it’s funny that I am now a pro at knowing where to get it from
buying it for all my friends that got married!
Eventually it was time for Morgan and Payson’s engagements.
They looked like models. The photographer, Brittany LeSueur was just soaking
them up! I don’t know how many times she told Morgan how beautiful she is. It
is true though! The pictures are going to turn out great! Alie and I had a bit
of our own fun!
Throwing rocks gma style.
Once we got home, dinner was ready, so we all ate together.
Then Lorie and Mikell came to visit and reminisce. I love it when Lorie and my
dad get together because they have such funny stories about their childhood.
After they left, I had motivation to play the piano. This is
a very rare thing. It was 11 so usually my mom would tell me it’s too late, but
she knew this was a big deal for me to play! It was very therapeutic and always
is! I wish I could practice more so I could actually be good!
Sunday.
Syd and I woke up and drove back to Tucson! Before that
though, my mother definitely made sure I was fed! She made crapes, had just
about every fruit laid out, eggs with potatoes, bacon, waffles, and asked if I
wanted her to make anything. She is so funny! Love her.
We made it to Tucson with about an hour and half to spare
before church. So we unpacked, got ready and then the 4 of us went to church.
It was pretty good.
When we got home I finally finished my letter for Sheridan
and Lincoln. Then wrote 2 thank you notes that definitely needed to be written!
Later that evening, we went over to EJ’s to celebrate
Taylor’s birthday. His fave is Mexican food so we had a fajita pot luck! We
went around the circle and all said something we love about Taylor. There was a
reoccurring theme about how he friended or made someone feel included. He is a
good friend to everyone!


















hahahaha I actually laughed out loud when you called him Peyton Manning. cause I think that every freakin time.
ReplyDeleteI didn't start it. He actually dressed up like him for Halloween and won the contest since he looks like him!
ReplyDelete