March 4, 2014

Sunday.

It was finally the day of the temple dedication!! I was SO excited!! Everyone was tweeting about how cute Pres Monson was, and my family was in a group text about it. So I was thrilled! Then when it started, they said it was live. I had assumed it was the same broadcast from before, but instead they were all different. The dedication was still really good, but I was bummed I missed out on President Monson talking!



A picture of our group! 


The whole time temple dedication, JaKelle was on my mind! I just knew she was a part of the work in Heaven. Dedicating another temple just means the work on earth increases. I'm sure she is so excited for it to increase. When I walked out of the church, I saw one yellow flower in the grass. It was certainly a tender mercy. 


After we got home, we got invited to a pasta dinner!! So after watching the cultural celebration for a little bit, we headed over to Gabe's. He is so sweet and fed like 10 of us dinner, just because! 

Then Syd and I went on splits with the sister missionaries. It was a really good lesson! She has some physical disabilities, and felt like God has neglected her. I have had so many surgies, and medical problems in general. Especially in comparison to my siblings. It felt like a tender mercy that I went to her lesson because I was able to share my feelings about it. It helped her realize that God knows we can handle it. He still loves us. It was deeper than that, but that's just a tid bit for y'all. 

Immediately after the lesson I headed over to the CES devotional. It was exactly what I needed. During the fireside, I started having a pity party for myself. Then she said something that was exactly what I needed to hear, "Let the Lord decide what details to reveal and when he reveals them". It was perfect. Can I just say that God loves us and whatever we care about, so does he. :) 

After the devotional Brother Bauer asked me if I could go to a regional meeting to represent the institute council. So I did. I didn't contribute very much, but I was there!

Monday. 

After having 2 weeks off, I finally got to go to practicum again! We didn't have to interpret much because they were taking a test. So it was a smooth transition back! 

Today was also my first time working at my new job, tutoring! I actually really enjoyed it! I thought it would be rough missing out on my free time, but I actually found it very rewarding! I returned home rejuvenated and ready to start working! 

I only had an hour so I did the dishes, took out the trash and made dinner. Then Steph and I went to a meeting for an upcoming activity. 

Next was FHE! 

It was the first monday of the month which meant we were combined! Those are always my favorites because I don't have to plan anything! The lesson was in groups, and we learned about putting God first. Then for the activity we had put puzzles together. There was a catch though! All the pieces were taped up on the wall (facing backwards). So everyone was running trying to find the pieces. Then we tried to exchange with other groups for what we needed. The horse (they had a horse puzzle) group made us lose because they wouldn't trade us! Yes I got competitive! 

After FHE, it was time for a 3rd ward trip to U-Swirl! Which means Sister Hendricks and Elder Luke are getting transferred. 


I already miss her. She is so sweet! 


Tuesday. 

Class just like normal. 

WAFFLE TUESDAY WAS THE BEST!!!!!! 
A) They had nutella, which I am currently in love with! 
B) They had cheesy potatoes! I usually feel kinda gross after 
waffle tuesday but I left feeling so good and full! 

I think my tiredness hit me today. When I came home for my hour break, I had such a hard time focusing. Then I had a training for work and it was so hard not to put my head down. Once we got out, I knew I needed something to get my blood sugar up, so I got a smoothie of course! 

Then I had one more tutoring session! Once again, I really enjoy it! It leaves me feeling well achieved! 

Once I got home, it was time for Chipotle, PLL night! 

Peace, love and happiness for now! :) 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top