Wednesday.
It was just a flower kind of day.
In the am, when I was done getting ready, I went downstairs for breakfast and found a beautiful surprise! My day 2 gift was beautiful flowers with a framed quote from Elder Holland. They always set up the gifts so perfectly.
Later that evening, the sister missionaries came to teach us a lesson. I guess they are going to all the members in the ward to encourage us to be better missionaries. They even brought flowers with them, hence why I said it was a "flower kind of day".
Thursday.
Birthday week, day 3…
It's like they know me or something. Every gift has been something I loved! Well today was hair bows, my faves!
So excited I even wore one!
Today was the big game day that determines if UofA moves up to the elite 8. I sported some UofA attire, and was excited for the social event that night. Fortunate for me, my teacher also is a big fan, so she let us out a half hour early so we could prep for the game. Even beyond that, class was really fun! We paired up with partners and had to interpret videos. I realized I definitely talk like a female. Which is a huge problem when trying to interpret for a male. My teacher suggested I listen to boys talk and try to notice their word choice/how they talk. She said NPR is a good thing to listen to, but I think a boyfriend would be more effective. haha! Moral of the story: I am a girl through and through.
When I got home, I found this lovely sign for my bday. Haha silly Steph! I am indeed a LDS gurl though. Ps. at first I typed LSD. Whoops! Haha.
At 6:30 we headed over to EJ/Rory/Bert/Clark's house for the party!
We had a BBQ, and all brought a little something. The boys were men and grilled the meat and some veggies for us. Shoutout to Dakota for missing the first half for finishing the food up!
Steph even played the "wall game" with Bert.
It was a pretty close game til the last few minutes, then we showed up to the game! Thankfully we did win, and now we are in the elite 8!
Friday.
This was the first day I was going to be observed in practicum (where I interpret with my partner). I was so nervous the previous night, plus trying to think about the logistics for the institute activity, that I was up pretty late. Then in the morning, I slept through my alarm. Thankfully, I set another one to remind me to bring a few things, and so that got me up. Unfortunately, I had 20 minutes to get ready and eat. I made it though!
Oh and I found this lovely day 4 present while trying to hurry and get ready! I wanted to incorporate it in my outfit, but I didn't have time to change outfits. PS. I love accent necklaces in case you didn't know.
Anyway, so my partner and I waited for our teacher that would be observing us for 10 minutes. We finally went and the classroom and the bell rang. I was relieved that we were getting out of it. Well a minute later she walked in using crutches. I guess she was looking for an elevator, so she was late. My partner took it like a champ and went first. That was almost worse for me. I was so nervous watching her, knowing I was next. After 15 looooong minutes, it was my turn. As soon as I started interpreting, all my nerves went away. Plus I signed better than I ever have. Prayer works friends! :)
After we both signed for 15 mins, she took us out in the hall and gave us feedback. It was so helpful, and now I feel more prepared for my next 2 teachers that will be a lot harder.
I had a little break in between practicum and was going to go to devotional. There was absolutely no parking, and the school parking garage was full. So I treated myself to lunch and watched Zoey 101 at home. That is all for now! :)










0 comments:
Post a Comment