Today was probably one of my favorites because we did the most activities/things I've been waiting for! First I have to back track to the start of the day though.
We got to sleep in once again, which was perfect. I also watched a little bit of the start of March Madness. It didn't really hold my attention though since it wasn't my team.
Once everyone was ready, it was time for a one hour drive. Mom is the best mom out there. She sat in the back, so someone could have a turn in the front. What other person/adult would give up the front like that?? I don't think I would!
After a long drive, we finally made it! Our plan was to go on a hike a waterfall. Dad was so funny and was so worried about not having a guide. It wasn't much of a hike though, so we were definitely capable on our own. The whole thing was BEAUTIFUL! I felt like we were in the amazon! So much green and a ton of birds. In fact, a ton of movies have been filmed there, including Hunger Games: Catching Fire!
Spring Break Part 3
Lilli Pads
Checkin out the water fall.
Then we were ready for the real adventure: swimming out to the water fall. It was absolutely freezing!!
We were finally ready to get in. I knew if we took our time, we wouldn't do it. Nate kept pulling me back, so I got mean. I told him he has to get in or go sit with mom.
So he hung out and we swam out. By the look on Alie's face in the next picture, you can see how cold it is.
So Alie and I left him and swam out, until he called us back…
He still wouldn't get in, so I was mean and pulled him in.
He claimed her wouldn't talk to me ever again, but that lasted 3 minutes.
After water fall selfie. The hike back was fun being wet. I also felt very accomplished!
Once we got half way, mom was worried she left her phone by the water fall. None of us had service while on the hike though, so we couldn't call it. As soon as we got out, we went to the car and luckily it was there. It took us 15 minutes to find the car though since neither of us have a good sense of direction.
After getting lunch, we were off again! This time we drove to the beach to learn how to paddle board.
It was seriously so fun!!! Everyone was super nervous about getting up, but we all did it. We had 3 instructors that went out with us, and took us on some river. We even saw a few turtles on our way. Plus all of us got up! Towards the end, it got choppy and really hard. Nathan and I got in the current so we had to stroke twice as hard to go the right direction. Morgan fell into the water! Haha! I missed that one unfortunately. As we were coming in, there was a photographer on a board. By that point, most of us were down. It was such a fun activity though!! LOVED IT!
Oh and the instructors loved us!! One of them asked Alie if
we were Mormon and said the size of our family gave it away. The funny thing is
that our family really isn’t that big.
After our lesson, we were all pretty tired so we drove back
to the hotel. We got showered, ate cereal, then walked down to the shop to get
ice cream cones. On our way back, the sun was setting, so dad made us stop to
watch it. There was a cloud right in the way, but it was still really pretty!
Once we got up to our hotel, we watched ASU lose, thank you
very much! Then they put on the movie “Parental Guidance”. Once it was over,
everyone went to bed. I wanted to read, but my sistas made me turn out the
lights. So I went in the kitchen to read. The boys then kicked me out of there,
so I sat on the bathroom floor, until I got kicked out of there. It was just
not my night. I eventually found space and finished Stephanie Nielsons story.
It was beautiful. I am in love with it, and want a marriage like hers.
Now it is 2:46 AZ time and I need to go to sleep. Night Y'all.





























0 comments:
Post a Comment