I woke up at 7 on my own and then just scrolled through social media for an hour, my favorite. Once I finally got out of bed, I got ready while watching Pearl Harbor with the kids. After I was ready, we had 40 minutes til we left for Polynesian Cultural Center, so I read more of "Heaven is Here", the story by Stephanie Nielson. She is the perfect mommy blogger that got in the plane crash, and miraculously recovered. I highly recommend her book if you have yet to read it.
The plan was to spend the day at PCC, but first stop by the temple. The drive was about an hour and a half long, mind you, we were in a mini van. I made an "Aloha" playlist before hand to try to make the mini road trip enjoyable. I tried to pick songs that would please everyone, but each person has a different style of music, it was impossible. I guess that is a part of being a family.
Once we were 7 minutes away from the temple, DJ spotted this shrimp food truck, so we pulled over. I personally don't like shrimp, so I was content just walking around and shopping.
I helped Nate pick out a nice little hat too. In the end, I also got a funnel cake with ice cream, strawberries, bananas, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and chocolate. It was so good!!
After our little stop, we drove over to the temple.
Guys, it is beautiful. Hawaii is such a beautiful place, but the temple is even better. LOVE.
We also met up with Sarah, her bf, mom and sister there. It was so fun to see Sarah for a little bit! Unfortunately I didn't think to get a picture with her.
Next we were on our way to PCC.
When we first got in, we were a little late. We were supposed to have a tour guide but we didn't want to wait, so we went on our own. First we saw the Samoa show. The talking was boring until this guy ran up the tree. It was crazy!
After the show we walked over to get seats for the "canoe pageant". Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, Hawaii, and I can't remember the rest but they all had a little show on canoes. It was really fun to watch. It was extremely hot though. I had a sun burn on the top of my feet from the day before, so my feet were miserable with the sun beating on them. I finally got smart and put my bag on top of them.
Mom made her buy a hat since she was so sun burned. She liked like a cute beach lady!
This was when we got really hot and sweaty.
After the canoe pageant, which was probably my favorite show the whole day, we headed over to the Tonga show. Thankfully it was shaded!
Alie was still unhappy.
For the following pictures.. They had interactive dancing. It is kinda hard to see what is going on because of the quality of pictures.
One of my best friends sophomore year was a Tongan, so he taught me a lot about the culture. He would always play his uke in class and taught me some little sayings in their language as well. I made a few other friends with Tongans at my high school as the years went on, and they are just the best people. Whenever the people from Tonga were performing, I always felt the most pride with them. So that explains why I needed a picture with the sign. I love the tongan people I have associated with!
The rest of the day consisted of more shows. Some boring, and some had us cracking up.
In one, they had the ladies stand up and learn a dance. Then it was the boy's turn. Oh my goodness. 1) I was shocked my dad got up. That is so not in his nature. 2) DJ was getting down! I wish I could post videos because he was cracking us up! Just check out these pictures.
The rest of the pictures are self explanatory.
Canoeing was my 2nd favorite part. The guy behind did all the steering, but we were the "engine".
Later that evening, we went to the buffet and enjoyed Prime Rib. Then we got to go on a private "backstage tour". They even gave us little insight on how they are able to do the fire tricks.
Pretty soon it was time to get our seats. Our tour guide gave us our leis and then we got our seats.
Oh back track. He gave us 7 but he told us you can't put it on yourself. You have to give it to someone you love and respect. So we all just put it on each other.
The cutie I am referring to is Alie, and I'm so dumb, lei not lay!
The show was really good but very LOOOONG.
For someone that use to be camera shy, I don't know what has gotten into him.
After the show, everyone was pretty wiped out. It was 1230 AZ time, I guess. Alie and Nathan fell asleep on the drove back, and I was praying my phone wouldn't die.
We made it home, and now everyone is asleep but me. So goodnight world!





























0 comments:
Post a Comment