Saturday- the start of General Conference!
The weekend that every Mormon treats like a holiday weekend. Anyway, us kids woke up to a wonderful breakfast and our parents ditched us to go watch Nate's baseball game! The first session was rockin, of course.
Then during the 2 hour break, we took a little trip to a missionary clothing store to buy DJ his suit for the wedding. They had a lot of cute girl missionary clothes, so I got a little somethin too! When we were checking out, I saw this "missionary guest book". Any mission that buys their mission attire there signs their name in the book! It was so fun looking through it and seeing all the people I know! It also reminded me how many missionaries I have to write back!!
Once we got home, it was time for the 2nd session. I always love sustaining the prophet and all his counselors, plus by this time, I am more alert! So I definitely loved the second session.
After the session, we had to clean/prep the house for our cousin party that evening. Then alie and I ran some errands at Target and picked up 7 pizzas from hungry howies. Yes 7!
All the men left for priesthood, so all the girl cousins came over. Then after the session, the adults surprised my grandma with a nice dinner out in Phoenix. So then EVERYONE came to our house. It was def a party!
Vanita came over once people started calming down/going home. She is my main girl now at home! Everyone else has abandoned us!!
Sunday.
Both sessions were rocking once again! I'm excited to hear all the talks again!!! I also love all the trending quotes on twitter and Facebook that take over conference weekend!
In between sessions, I decided to look up my family history to see if we had any names. Check out these golden name!
A) we are related to a King and Princess.
B) His name is Olof! I think it's different spelling but I instantly thought of frozen!!
Later that evening, we had another fam party but this was to celebrate grandma and Easter.
Before it started, grandma came to decorate the backyard and give me my bday gift. She is so cute and funny about decorations. She says that Heavenly Father takes care of everything and then Heavenly Mother takes care of shopping/decorating. Hahahaha!!
She said this was suppose to be our cabin with a little outhouse.
Once everyone got to our house, we ate, then went around the circle and everyone said one memory/something they love about grandma.
Some of the young kids were so funny and instead would talk about how good they are. It was so fun to hear all the different stories and recognize grandma. She pretty much praised us instead though.







0 comments:
Post a Comment