May 1, 2014

Monday. 


We filmed our movie for FHE again and actually finished it! That night I finished editing it, so now it is completely off my plate! I'm excited to see all the other family's movies on Monday! 

That night I also met with my home teachers with Syd. It was fun like always!


Instead of holding hands while praying, we found a new way. :)

Tuesday. 

I woke up so alert, which NEVER happens!! I woke up early enough to actually do my hair today too! 

I started the day with waffles, which is always a bonus! 

Once I was done eating, I went to class, which consisted of group presentations. It was a pretty chill class. My group did pretty well, and I wasn't nervous in the slightest since I had a group with me. 
My favorite part of the presentations was watching the interpreters. It is always harder for interpreters to interpret when multiple students are talking and when the deaf student is signing. It was encouraging to see that no one is perfect. We are all constantly learning, so I shouldn't be so hard on myself! 

My next class consisted of more presentations. This topic was a bit more difficult though! All my teacher said was talk about something inspirational. Ummm okay? What does that even mean? That makes the pressure go up substantially. Since I missed class the following week, I wasn't there when people wrote down the order to present. My name ended up being very last! That was really nice because I could watch and get a feel for everyone else's and then prepare mine for Thursday. 

I also had a busy day tutoring…finals are def approaching and students are freaking out. 

I was fortunate enough to have a break in my schedule so I could go to Chipotle with my roomies. This was the first time we have all gone in who knows how long!! 


Wednesday is mostly a blur. I remember having many tutoring appts and class. I helped Taylor with a signing narrative, which I always enjoy. I also tried to decide what I would do for my sign presentation the next day! 

Oh and I remember one thing! In my practicum class (where we all meet to discuss what comes up in practicum and how to sign things), someone said something that was something teenagers would say. My teacher had no idea what it meant, so we had a little lesson with her to teach her some pop culture. Then she started telling us about drifting. She was so impressed that she knew what drifting was, so she told us all about how her son was drifting on his new tires. I love when teachers get off topic! 

Thursday. 

We added another 2 hours of practicum, so my day started at 6:30 today… 

Thankfully I had a little break, so I chilled at the institute for 20 minutes before it was time for my class. 

I thought I would for sure be off the hook with my presentation today. The day before they only got through 14 people, and I would be the 15th person on the list today. Well we were approaching the end of class but I could tell there would be enough time for me. 

For my inspirational story, I signed about JaKelle and how the whole school got together to support her. Which later turned into the community reaching out as well. This was hard to get it down to a few minutes, and figure out how to relay it properly. I love sharing my interactions with JaKelle when it is one-on-one, but I chose not to in big groups. It is something so sacred and dear to me, I don't want to just throw it out there. Since I hadn't really shared it in front of a crowd, this was a big step for me. I got through it though! I even wore my "We love JaKelle/Team JaKelle" bracelet, and some yellow in my outfit.


Later that evening I had one more class, and it was a party! Literally! We took our final exam, and then ate food and played games. It was a good time! To top it off, my teacher told us how much we have improved, and how proud she is of us! This is a big deal because this teacher never gives out compliments! 

The rest of the evening consisted of watching half of an episode for some down time, an interview to renew my temple recommend, and packing for the weekend (I'm going home for Morgan's wedding). 

Pray I will get through next week. I won't have the weekend to study, so my finals are going to hit pretty hard Monday. 


P.S. Happy Birthday to my cute missionary friend!! 8 1/2 months down, only 15 1/2 months to go! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top