My week was mainly just dedicated to finals, and finishing up projects. I'll just give some highlights of the week.
1. On Monday for FHE we finally got to see all the videos each group made. It was so fun to see the variety and get a good laugh!
2. Wednesday evening we had our last "roomie dinner" at Chipotle. After we went to the church to play murder in the dark. Except we went to the Linden building which is a really creepy building even during the day. I was killed pretty quick the first two times, so I didn't really get a chance to play. The last time though, I was in the game for a while! It was a good time even it meant staying out later than I planned.
That's all I can remember for the first half of the week…
Thursday.
I had to get up early for my last practicum hours. The class we interpreted for was American History and they were learning about the Holocaust. That was a real test of being neutral and not allowing myself to cry while interpreting. It happens though I guess!
Right after practicum, I drove to a church building (not the institute) to decorate for the upcoming dance. I worked for an hour, ate a cinnamon roll and then drove to the institute to prepare for an appreciation lunch. The initial purpose for the dance was for all the teachers, service missionaries and sister nyemeyer but I guess we can't recognize the teacher's since they are paid. So we ended up doing it for the service missionaries, but invited the teachers! Anyway, everyone on the activities institute committee had an assignment, and mine was ritz chicken. It took forever to prep everything and things were a bit hectic. We made it though and everyone loved the food!
Oh and when the luncheon was over, I found this beauty on my phone. Even better it was my screensaver.
May 9, 2014
Shout out to my friendaroomies for helping!
Once we were done, I drove back to Mesa. Just in enough time too! I was able to unload my car with the help of my dad and DJ, and then eat! As soon as I was done eating, Alie and I headed over to Mesa High for the dance concert! Kel met us there and then we sat by Miss Lit (my old dance teacher) and Sarah.
The concert was so good! I was so impressed and it made me miss those girls!
So I need to explain the next part. I have been wanting a nice camera for a while but didn't want to pay $7,000 on one, nor do I have the means to do so. I was thinking about how it would be nice to have it for my Ecuador trip. Well earlier this week, a girl that use to be in my ward/my neighbor (now she is married and has the cutest family), posted on Facebook that she needed to sell her camera.
I knew I wanted it, so after the concert, I drove over to her house to pick it up.
She is super organized and kept every paper, cord, etc that came with the camera. Plus she shared some words of "interpreting" wisdom. She is a gem.
As soon as I got home, I made my siblings be my models/took pictures of them while they were living their life's.
Finally at midnight, I started packing for my Idaho trip, which also meant unpacking everything I brought home. It took forever. Then I helped Alison pack, then I finally showered. It was a long night nonetheless. Finally by 2:30 I went to sleep.
Friday.
I woke up at 6:40 to get ready for our flight. We were told to be ready by 7. Well 7 came around and my dad said we weren't leaving til 7:45. My mom just wanted us to clean so she told us the wrong time on purpose. I wasn't too happy about this.
We did make it out the door with a clean house and fed so whatever.
While dad was checking in our bags, I was standing by 3 guys that were in the army. I braved up and started talking to them. Turns out they have been serving for 9 years! I just had a flood of appreciation for them. What a noble cause and they were so respectful to everyone around them. Those army guys sure are trained well.
We eventually got on the plane and I ended up sitting by some guy from Iran. He was the perfect mixture of friendly and "okay let me read now". I enjoyed hearing his story though and learning a little about his culture.
Alie used dad's rockin headphones and it turned into a dance performance.
Once we landed, dad and I went to get our bags while everyone else ordered lunch. Unfortunately, they didn't give us all our food and we were already outside of security so we couldn't go back. That kind of put a damper on the day…
After eating lunch we got our rental car and drove to my mom's friend's house. They never see each other so they were excited to reunite, but we were all a bit less ecstatic. First we chatted at her house (Anne is her name), and then she took us to see a model house of what her house will look like when it's built.
Check out this creepy doll.
After looking at the model home, they showed us a blue football field.
I was more at awe with how beautiful Boise is!
After checking out the field, we headed over to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. As bonus, I had cheesecake from there for the first time ever!
After dinner we drove 2 hours to our hotel.
From our little road trip, we saw how rural Idaho is, and especially how spread out it is! We missed our exit and had to wait 9 miles before the next exit came so we could turn around. Only in small towns..
We made it though and can now get some rest before a busy day tomorrow! :)









0 comments:
Post a Comment