Sunday.
We came home from Idaho and found a not so nice surprise…there are cats in our attic. This happened last year and then they left. Well the mother came back and had more babies. They have created a few holes in our roof just large enough for them to come in. So Sunday my parents went on the roof looking for all the places with holes.
The rest of the week, we tried to lure them down by food. Oh and the mother died. We found her dead on the road, so we really want the kitties out so they don't die of heat or not knowing better.
Monday-
It started in the toy room bathroom.
Yet again, but this time Alie was prepared to catch them with a towel.
We still have yet to catch them…
Monday.
I spent my first two hours awake messaging Sheridan. It was the best. It felt like she was home again. I had my best friend back for a few hours. There is no one like Sheridan in my life, so I really missed/miss her! She has the greatest advice and wisdom.
I eventually had to log off to get ready for an Article 9 certification. It was soooo boring! On the schedule it said 1:00-4:30. I thought the instructor would for sure let us get early, but nope! He made us stay the entire time! The only interesting thing I learned is Phoenix has the highest rates of running red lights with Mesa second and Tucson in 4th. I feel super save now….Even though the instructor was suppose to be knowledgable, I felt like a lot of things he was saying about disability was super oppressive. I have taken a million and three classes in disability though so I know the correct words/language to use.
As soon as I got home, I had to Skype with my classmates going to Ecuador. It was our last meeting before our trip, so it was vital I was a part of it. Although I feel like most of it was messing around, it was still somewhat helpful.
Later that evening I was going to go to FHE at my mesa singles ward, but my wing woman who is actually in the ward, ended up getting sick. So I decided that was enough reason to just get ready for my trip. I figured out all my outfits (which took forever) and then Vanita, Alie and I took a trip to Target. We had 20 minutes til close, but I was able to get everything I needed with 5 minutes to spare!
Tuesday.
Today was my day to work since it was my only day with no orientation. I had no motivation though! Isn't that funny how it works. When I'm busy, I get so much done, but when I have time, I just want to put it off forever.
Anyway, I accidentally slept in til 10, which left me feeling gross. I still didn't get ready though, I tried watching tv, but it just couldn't hold my attention. I eventually got ready for the day and was ready by noon. My mother was a sweetheart and ran more errands with me, and helped me get more ready for my trip.
Once we got home, I went to the church to help my dad set up for the YW/YM graduation dinner. We got it done pretty quick, picked up the food, made ourselves a plate, and then drove speedily over to Mesa High for DJ's choir concert. The whole thing was Disney themed, so you know that I loved it!
We have a real one with Nate, but I think it's on my mom's camera.
Vanita is star struck.
After the concert, we kept up the tradition and got some Nielsons. We chose the drive through though so we didn't have to see all the high schoolers.
Wednesday.
I had yet another training- First Aid. Thankfully this one was 12-2. The instructor was a lot less boring too! After the training, I finally went to get a car wash. My dad gets so embarrassed by my dirty car, so I finally took it in.
That night Vanita came again and her, Alie and I took yet another trip to prepare for Ecuador. By this evening, I finally did have everything I needed. Now it was just a matter of actually packing it. So I got started on it.
Vanita was entertained by Alie's dance thing. I don't know what that is actually called.
Apparently my classmate feels my pain.
It did take forever to organize everything and then pack it. I finished and then weighed my huge pack to make sure it fit the qualifications. It was 51 pounds. It has to be 50 pounds or you have to pay a fee. So now I have to rearrange my stuff. Oh joy. At least I have everything together now.
Thursday.
My final and last training! From 9:00-4:00 I had an orientation for my new job, respite/habilitation work for my cousin with autism. The instructor was really chill and friendly, so the training wasn't too bad.
Later that evening, we went to Al's choir concert. They had all pop culture songs, so their concert was also super fun!
She is the third one, in the middle row.
After the concert, we just barely missed seeing the Goodman family, so Vanita and I took a little trip over there. I've been meaning to visit them forever, so I'm happy I finally went!
Dailynd was throwin up some gang signs!
They are such a crazy and fun fam!
Well that pretty much sums up my week. I leave for Ecuador on Saturday, and probably won't have wifi to post instagrams, or blog. So don't hold your breathe! I'll be back in two weeks and will try to share as many details as possible!
Peace, Love and Happiness.


















0 comments:
Post a Comment