Thanksgiving Week

Monday.

Even though it wasn't really the start of the break, Steph and I pretended like it was. We addressed some cards, bought Ben and Jerries, and watched "The R.M.". It was a nice break.

Later that night we had FHE and Steph and I combined our groups. Nicole gave a great lesson on gratitude and we watched the first mormon message made about gratitude. After the lesson everyone sat at a table and made their own hand cut out turkeys! Everyone was really creative and did a good job! We even displayed them on the institute window.

After FHE and our meeting, we went to a friends house. We showed up for the gun show, but apparently we were too late.


Tuesday. 

Teachers knew no one would be there, so classes were chill. I'm one class we watched "Switched at Birth" which is one my favorite tv shows! In my other class, someone presented and then we got to leave an hour early! Then I drove home to Mesa! On the way there, I counted 11 police clocking speed. Luckily I never got pulled over and the traffic wasn't too bad. 

Once I got home, my mom, Alie and I started our Black Friday shopping. We went to old navy and target. 

My mom told us to look for Christmas pjs. 


Alie insisted on these even though this was a size large! 



Wednesday. 

I didn't get a picture unfortunately, but Sarah and I went to the temple! It was so nice to go inside again, I haven't been since August! 

Eventually it was time to fly to Utah for the weekend. 





We got there, ate din, showered and chatted with our grandparents. 

Alie and I like to sleep in the basement since we have it to ourselves. No one ever goes down there though, so it was FREEZING!!! This is us all in all our layers. 



Thursday. 

I somehow slept til 10, meaning I got 10 hours of sleep. It was great! 

Once we got ready for the day, we headed over to our aunts and uncles house. 

We started with a little game of pool which eventually lead into a game of rock. 

My team got slaughtered but at least we look more fierce.


We eventually ate our thanksgiving feast. Let me tell you, it was the best one yet! The food was perfect and we even had a little addition of dirty cokes/dr pepper. 


After a few more hours of play, we drove back to the grandparents house. 

All of us kids (except Morgan) bundled up in the queen size bed and watched hunger games on my laptop! 

Then once it was over, we went and saw the new one! They all loved it, but one of the kids was up til 3. Oops! Sorry bud! 


Friday. 

It was probably the most relaxing day. I wanted to go Black Friday shopping, but no one wanted to go. 

So instead we played rage, which mom totally won!! 

Dad has a love for the song "sweet Caroline" and his favorite is to substitute it with our names. This is a picture of him singing to the kids. 



That evening Morgan and Payson drove down from Idaho to visit. Okay it was actually for work, but we will take it! We played the game of things and hung out. During the game, I realized how old Nate really is getting. Some of his answers really surprised me. He is an intelligent boy!

Saturday. 

We went out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then I went to my grandpas favorite back doctor. That probably wasn't a good idea to go right after eating. Oh well I survived!! 

This was a weird/cool chair at the restaurant. 

Later that night, we watched the UofA- asu game. It was a little rough on our part. Nate and I were the only UofA fans, but everyone else was nice about their win. 

This a random picture taken sometime on Saturday and the rest are during the game. 



I like to cuddle with DJ sometimes, but he doesn't like it too much. 


House divided with the spotlight on DJ. 



Sunday. 

We packed up, said goodbye to grandparents and headed to the airport. 

Im typing this while I'm on the plane actually. It's on airplane mode, don't worry. :) 

The rest of the day will consist of eating din, and then driving back to Tucson with Jenk! 


It was a great little get away that I needed to help me endure these last few weeks! 

Happy December 1st and sadly goodbye no shave November! Feel free to keep the facial hair anyway men! :) 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top