Wednesday
This is the day it finally hit me that Christmas was coming up! Yes a week before Christmas… It was my first day of break, so I guess I was finally able to breathe. I knew I needed more money to buy Christmas gifts so I sold my books, and some clothes. Oh and I even listened to Christmas music!!! That was my first day listening to it voluntarily.
After a few errands, I went to Christmas shopping! I ended with having 3 out of 7 gifts I needed. That was a good start I guess.
Later that night I had been assigned to help decorate and arrange goodies on a plate. My ward was going to go caroling to old people in the stake, so they wanted to give them a little treat with they were done. Anyway, that went well. Steph was a sweetheart and came with me to help get things started! There was a good turnout and we got it all done!
When we were done, the night was still young. All my roommates were gone, as were Cody's so we decided to go on Mt Lemmon and use his night vision goggles. It was fun driving up, listening to country music and talking. Once we got to the top, we saw snow and so of course we had to get out of the car!! We had a mini snowball fight… well Cody hit me more than I hit him.
There is a picture of Cody in front of the sign, but I'm still waiting to get the picture…
When we were done with the mountain, he told me a scary, but true story that happened on that mountain!! Yeah I was pretty excited to get off of it! Thankfully we did make it down! He even treated me to a yummy shake!
Thursday.
It mostly consisted of cleaning the house since EJ's family was coming in for his graduation. Once I was done, it was time to party!! The Richardsons got here and we headed over to Centennial Hall.
This was a smaller graduation, it was just for his college. This is the one he actually got to walk, but then Saturday was for everyone and it was more like a big celebration.
After graduation we all headed over to Native New Yorker! I had somehow forgettn to eat that day, so by 8, I was so ready for dinner!! Shoutout to the Richardsons for paying for all of us. It was very nice of them!
Steph and I ended the day with watching Cow Bells, and falling asleep on the couch.
Friday.
I'm going to give a little background first. So a few weeks ago, our ward was going to take a trip to Thatcher to do baptisms at the temple. I was really excited because I had never been there, besides the walk-ins before it was dedicated. Well, they ended up cancelling it. Cody and Jared (friends in our ward) went to EAC before they came to UofA, so they knew a lot of people down there. So naturally they wanted to go as well. We decided we should still go and make a day out of it. Jared ended up having a family thing, so it was just Steph, Cody and I that went.
So we woke up, got ready and drove to Thatcher. Steph was a champ and let us use her car.
Cody isn't too fond of our pictures…
When we got there we got food at some Mexican place. We met two of us "buddies" there for lunch. Cody had claimed it had the best mexican food. I was a little skeptical because Mesa and Tucson are both known for there great mexican food! Well he definitely proved me wrong! It was really good!!! I'm still not sure it was the best, but it is definitely up there!!
Side note: In the restaurant I saw a glimpse of what it is like to live in a small town. Everyone that came in, they knew. It was such a different lifestyle.
After lunch, we went to Devon's house (one of his friends) to get his truck and take a potty break. Well while we were there, I sat on a swing, but soon after I regretted it.
It had rainned so the dirt became muddy. That was nice, but it did eventually come off!
Soon we were off to the mountain!! Until…
We got pulled over..
Steph was freaking out…
Thankfully Devon was prepared and we got out of a ticket!!
We were off again until we had another mishap.
The truck started drifting and then we got stuck. The boys handled it like men and shoveled us out. Then Cody stood on the back in case we got stuck again.
As soon as we got there, snowballs instantly started flying!
Cody hit me with many snowballs (even while in the car), then whenever I would hit him, he would make me fall into the snow. The first time I held my own, others not so much. I made him take a picture of me which he obviously loved.
After the snow, Steph and I were pretty tired. Cody made sure we didn't fall asleep though. The party was certainly not over!!
We went to dinner and meet up with Nate who was driving home.
After we got to go explore the Fire Station. Devon volunteers so we got to try on his uniform AND drive down the street in a fire truck! It was pretty sweet!
After touring it, we played a game of rock, and then headed home! After a DQ run of course!
Saturday.
I was going to wake up early so I could get home early, but I just couldn't do it! I did get up at 10 and was out the door by 10:10! That's really good!
When I got home, I walked into the door to a baby shower! I ran to my room, got ready, and then socialized while eating. Once i was done, it was time to get to business! I finished all my Christmas shopping with time to spare before Christian Dance Performance.
Vanita came over and so we went to Thrive. Mmmm so good. If you live in Mesa/Gilbert, go!
Soon we were off to Christian Dance. It was beautiful!! It was my first time not being in it, so that was weird. They did a great job!
We were literally the last ones outside of the auditorium. Typical. I just loved seeing everyone again!
When we finally left, we (Sarah, Kelley, Vanita) went to Vanitas to catch up! We planned on not staying out too late since some of us had early church, but that just wasn't quite possible! It was all worth it though!!
Sunday.
My parents were both asked to speak, so naturally I went to their ward! THEY KILLED IT! They are both just naturally really good speakers. I know I was deeply touched.
Before they spoke, I was thrown a little whirlwind! There is a deaf guy in my parent's ward that I have become friends with over the years. Anyway, he asked me to interpret sacrament meeting. Mind you, I am taking interpreting classes, but I am still learning! I am in no way ready to interpret real life.
I told him I am not certified but I can try!
When I started I was really shaky and the signs weren't coming as easily. After the opening prayer, I finally got the hang of it and it actually become fun! I really enjoyed it and was grateful for the experience. People even came up to me after to say that I did a good job…I know they didn't really understand what I was saying, but it still made me feel good!

























0 comments:
Post a Comment