Christmas Festivities.

Christmas Adam. 

1. Miss Lit (my high school dance teacher), euporea alumni and I all went to lunch at Wild Flower. It was so fun to catch up and hear about everyone. It's crazy how much everyone is growing up!

2. I finally sent Sheridan her Christmas package! It is so fun to be a "missionary friend".

3. The Bloomfields (a neighborhood family) and my family all went out on the town. We went to dinner and then saw "The Forgetten Carols". I thought the performance was going to be more like a choir performance, but it was a musical. It was really good though. It really got me in the Christmas spirit.


4. When we got home Alie and I had our typical snapchatting eachother in the same room. It always consists of taking pictures of eachother, and silly ones of ourselves. 


 


Christmas Eve. 

1. Morgan, Alie and I all went over to my grandparents to help wrap presents. My grandma spoils us all with so many gifts, it only makes sense that we help.

2. That evening we went over to our cousin's house for our annual Despain Christmas party.

First we always eat yummy food and socialize. My favorite part of that was hearing my cousin may come to UofA and study the same major!! Great choice!! Now we just have to convince her ASU headstrong parents that UofA is a good school!

Another popular topic at dinner was Morgan's love life. I should have counted how many times Payson, and marriage came up. They gave her such a hard time.

After dinner was the nativity- you are never too old to be a part of it. In fact the best part was that Morgan (the oldest granddaughter) was Mary.


Kate is a babe. 


DJ and I were rockin the Shepherd life. 


After our nativity acting, Grandpa shared some great words with us. He is literally the most wise person I have ever met. He doesn't talk all the time, but when he does, it is pure wisdom! 

Next we opened gifts! 


It gets pretty crowded in there. 





Poor Nate.. He wants a dog so bad! 

Once we were all partied out, we went back home. 

Nate made Santa cookies and was so protective of them. We kept stealing them, and soon enough there were only 3 left. 

We got to open one present- our Christmas jammies!! 

One weekend while I was home, I found them, but they didn't have enough for us all to be matching. So my mother went to 3 different targets, but eventually we got them all! 


All the kids went to bed except Alie and I. 

I let Alie go on instagram (she can't have her own), so she was occupied for hours while I wrapped presents. Finally by 2 we all went to bed. 

Traditional Christmas Eve pictures. 







Christmas. 

I was woken at 6:30 and it was a real struggle to get out of bed. It's sad how you lose a lot of the Christmas spirit as you get older. 

Anyway by tradition we all go into my parents room. As our gift to God, we write down a goal of something we can spiritually do or change. Then we put them in a golden box. It is so fun to look at all our goals throughout the years. 

Once we were done, it was time to open presents. I don't believe I took any pictures, sorry! 

I did get lots of clothes, new straightner, book called "Heaven is Here", jewelry, socks, and money! 

After we were done with gifts, we went over to my grandparents house for breakfast. Right before we were leaving, we hear Morgan scream. My mom starts freaking out, wondering what is wrong (Morgan is very dramatic so I figured it was nothing). Morgan walks into the kitchen and says, "Oh my gosh! I can't open my eye!" Sure enough there was a bump on her eyelid, it looked kind of like a blister. Anyway her response was the best! She said, "Maybe a spider laid an egg on my eye lid and now there is a baby spider". I died. She is crazy. Later we found out it was just a sty. 


She is going to love me for this picture… 

After grandmas, we just hung out and took it easy. We enjoyed a delicious turkey dinner and eachothers company! 


Thursday/today. 

We did our annual cousin trip to the temple. There is something so special about being inside with those we know and care about. I feel like it just deepens our relationship. 


After the temple, we went over to my cousin's house for lunch! It was fun to just hang out.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top