This weekend I was "mom" once again. My parents are in Canada for a trip through my dad's work.
So Thursday night I accidentally kept the kids up til 1 playing Just Dance and Wii Sports. Oops!
Friday I worked once again. Later that night I went to a going away party for Jaden- she is moving up to Utah for school/volleyball. We socialized for a bit and then left with some boys to see "Guardians of the Galaxy". It was pretty cheesy, but I actually really liked it. It reminded me a lot of star wars too.
Saturday was pretty eventful.
I worked in the morning, then raced home to get ready for our family party. Luckily I made dip the night before, but we still had to cut up a lot of veggies. So I recruited Alie and DJ in cutting some vegetables. We finished just in time, then got in my mom's car to pick up our cousins. Well it wouldn't start. The battery was dead. Morgan and Payson were driving over, so I left DJ so he could drive with them, and then took my car. In the end, we somehow made it to the temple in time.
My grandpa likes to take temple trips with the cousins each semester. We didn't go in the spring, so we got it in right before school started. We went to the Gilbert temple since the Mesa is closed. It was my first time going in since it's been dedicated. It was crazy packed! We had to wait a half hour just to get in. There were also some other complications that were trying to inhibit us. Satan has his ways- car that doesn't start, long wait, rude worker, etc. But we made it and it was still an amazing experience!
After the temple, we drove over to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner. I only stayed for 30 minutes and then I had to rush home to get ready for a date. My friend, Kent, was in town for the weekend and so we decided to hang out. While I was driving home, he asked if I could bring a friend for someone he was bringing. Luckily Vanita said she would come! By 8 we were finally out the door. The boys were the cutest gentlemen and opened our door and the whole 9 yards.
We ended up going ice skating which was a blast. Oh and we met up with his cousin and his wife and then his cousin's friend and his gf. None of us were super good, so that just made it all the more fun. Also I'd just like to say Vanita and I never fell!
Super bad quality but here is the group.
Sunday I woke up early to get the crockpot started, and get ready. I ended up going to Vanita's ward even though she wasn't there. Luckily all the boys were there. I was "a bro" for 2 hours.
Once I got home, I started making dinner, only to be joined by Morgan and Payson. Once they got there, they made most of it, since they volunteered to make it. We tried to make our usual sunday dinner- roast, mashed potatoes, corn, salad, rolls, etc. All of it turned out except the gravy. My dad told us what to put in it, but not portions, so it didn't turn out so well. Good thing it was fast sunday so we were all starving anyway! We finished din with some brownies and ice cream. The pan of brownies were gone by the end of the night.
Later that evening I went to a cute Canadian girl's house with Landon and Dalton. She has the best home theater, so we took advantage of it and watched a movie called "This is War" or "This Means War". I can't remember what it was called but it may be my new favorite movie. It was really good!
Monday started early- 3rd day in a row. Alie and I went down to Mesa High to try to adjust her schedule. We couldn't see a counselor but we filled out a paper saying what she needed to add/drop.
The rest of the morning we've been cleaning and doing laundry. I did give them a break though with In-n-out.
Parents get home tonight and then I'm back to being just bossy sister and not mom.







0 comments:
Post a Comment