July 31, 2014

So the easiest way for me share my "happenings" is with lists, so that is what I'm going to do.

1. We were still in Utah on Pioneer Day, so we got to actually celebrate it. The night before we drove a few blocks over and sat on the roof of the car to watch the fireworks. Even mom got up!




2. Thursday evening we had a family dinner at my grandparent's house. Half of the family was gone but there were still plenty of laughs, thanks to CJ telling us mission stories about getting high (not intentionally). Oh and we had yummy homemade ice cream to top it all off! 

3. WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE TIM MCGRAW!!!! He came to Mesa the start of the summer and I had a ticket. Something fell through and I ended up giving my ticket away. I was bummed. I had the thought to look up if there would be any concerts while we were in Utah and Tim just happened to be coming. He came just for me ;) My next challenge was figuring out who to go. I knew Alie would, but I wanted more people. Unfortunately, none of my cousins in Utah like country music and missionary friends (people that have served in my ward) didn't like it either. So my mom made it into a family affair. Bad decision. Nathan HATES country music, and DJ is as pure as pure gets. He was disturbed by all the drunk people around us. Alie and I being worldly people were laughing at the drunk people falling and singing along to the FABULOUS CONCERT!!! I loved it!! Oh and he actually had good opening acts this time: Kip Moore and Cassadee Pope! 



We brought in our own fried fat food. 


Well we technically had a picnic waiting in the line just to get in. 






Although there were a lot of complaints, I do NOT regret going for a second. 

4. Since we made Nate go to the concert, we let him choose what movie we saw. Bad idea. He chose "How to Train Your Dragoon 2". I just wasn't in the mood for the movies anyway. I'm sure if I had a better attitude going into it, I would have liked it better. 

5. Saturday we drove home all day. We stopped at our fav, The Junction, for hamburgers and shakes. That always makes the drive worth it. I drove once we got into Flagstaff and almost got pulled over minutes after switching. Ooops! It was a fun drive though! 

6. I went to my real singles ward for the 2nd time this summer! Oh and I ran into a Tucson friend, Carl Ellingson (If you are from Mesa, you are bound to know one of the 13 kids)! So it was fun catching up with him, even if I didn't pay too much attention to the talks. 

7. Morgan is out of town in Florida, so Payson has come over to dinner just about every night. Luckily he is patient with all my questions. :) 

8. DJ got his wisdom teeth out this week. He didn't want us laughing at him so he kept saying, "guys, I'm conscious". Which only made us laugh more. They made me swear to not post any pictures or videos, so sorry, I don't have anything to share. 

9. My Aunt Kristin's birthday was this week, so us girls went out to lunch at Kneaders. After catching up over lunch, we got to see their new house which is just as lovely as her "dream house" they are leaving. As bonus, it is a little bit closer to us! 

10. My cousin Wes is moving back to Utah, so we spent one morning helping him pack up a moving truck. He is very organized, so everything was perfectly packaged before we even got there. So really the move didn't talk all morning. As bonus, he lives on the top floor so I got some exercise on those stairs! Once we were done, my mom treated us to Bahama Bucks. I insisted that we go to the new Gilbert one, so I could show them how nice it was. 

11.  My computer wasn't working yesterday AND my iPad is frozen. Just my luck. After many prayers, I had a tender mercy of knowing what to do and NOW IT WORKS!! I said a few prayers in thanks of course. 

That's basically my life. Just trying to soak up the last 25 days of summer and stay out the AZ heat. 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top