My life hasn't been too happenin lately. My cousins went out of town, and so that means more time to watch Jayne, the autistic girl I work with. Since this weekend was the 4th of July, just about all the workers took time off. So that meant I had to work a lot more. I had my normal shift of 4-8, but then I also slept over.
The sleeping over part was fun. I get my own room to watch netflix, stay up late, and sprawl out on a big bed. The only down fall is waking up at 6 because that is when she wakes up. From the time she wakes up, til I leave, it is chaos. I am always exhausted when I leave. It doesn't help I usually stay up til 2 or 3 though. So anyway, I slept over for 4 days straight, so I didn't do too much with friends.
On the 4th, I got home around 8:30 and was told we were going on a family bike ride. I was going on 2 hours of sleep, but I was somehow doin great! We biked down the canal and ended up going 10 miles. My dad wanted us to keep going to the "pretty part" but some children were complaining (Nathan and his friend Alex). I personally love bike rides, so I could have gone all day.
July 6, 2014
My dad thought we needed helmets. I felt extremely claustrophobic. The second half of the bike ride, I got smart and unbuckled it so my head could breathe and my hair could blow in the wind.
Once we got home, we made a little Circle K run. That soda is probably what kept me awake for the day.
The next part of my day consisted of showering, and watching One Tree Hill until it was time to watch Jayne. Shout out to my mother- I was supposed to work overnight, but she came over so I could go out and celebrate for a bit. So once Jayne was asleep, I was out of there!
Landon, Anneliese and I drove over to tempe town lake to see the fireworks. The line to get off at the exit was awful, so Landon surprised us and drove to the airport instead. We were able to sit on the top of the parking lot and see them perfectly. Plus we didn't have to worry about the crowds, traffic or entrance fee. I thought it was a good idea, even though we had to separate from the group. That was a bummer. We had the best seats in the house though!
The following day is kind of a blur. I'm sure I worked, napped, watched netflix and worked more.
Sunday was a bit of a rough day.
My shift started at 4 pm on Saturday and carried over to Sunday at 1 pm. Jayne requires a lot of attention because she is not very functioning. If I take my eye off her for a second, she gets into something. For example, I let her go outside and next thing I knew she was eating mud.
My mom came to my rescue once again and watched her for a little bit so I could get ready for church. I think the hardest part of working so long was not having time to myself. From the minute I woke up, to when I got off, I was serving Jayne. I was able to brush my teeth, but besides that, everything was for Jayne. I guess it was good "mom" practice.
As soon as I got off, I went to my family's ward. I didn't really pay attention to any of the testimonies because Alie and I were playing with a baby. Ooops! Something we don't have in the singles ward.
After church, a least 5 people congratulated me on getting married. Wrong sister. I wonder if they thought I just ditched my husband or something? Silly people!
That sums up my eventful weekend! Aren't you all jealous?




0 comments:
Post a Comment