Here are my recent "happenings"…
Thursday mainly consisted of Institute and hanging out at Ryan's house. We showed up to Institute a half hour late, and the whole class was about God's creations and marriage. The teacher brought up some heated topics, and I realized I have become more liberal due to my roommates. I still have more conservative opinions, but I am more accepting now. If that makes sense?
Friday
I got to work earlier, so I was off at 1! I usually work 3-6, so that was a big difference! Vanita came over to run errands and eventually go to the gym.
We didn't end up going to the gym though. Instead we visited Abby and Sister Anderson. It was fun to see them, even if I cried when I walked into Sheridan's room.
After our little visit in the Anderson home, we played Tennis at Taylor Junior High.
Unfortunately, we weren't too good. We pretty much ran the whole time. I think we only went back in forth 2 times. We eventually resorted to just hitting them against the wall. It was fun to try to be athletic though!
After showering and freshening up, we went to see Transformers with the group! Landon and Madi were sweethearts and surprised us all Sonic Dirty Dr Peppers. They are the sweetest.
The movie itself was kind of dumb. It was really cheesy, and the acting wasn't too great. To top it off, my favorite actor/the funny friend, died within the first 30 minutes. Plus we saw a 11:10 movie, so I was fighting sleep the whole time. Oh and it was a 3 hour movie! Being with the group was worth it though!
After the movie, everyone went home but Vanita and I went to Bosa's to get some doughnuts! The lady was having a slow night so she gave us a whole box of doughnuts!! #winning
Saturday was a little brutal. I got 5 hours of sleep and I was gone all day. My day started off with my cousin, Spencer's baptism. When he was young, he wouldn't talk to me or any of the cousins, but now that I am at his house everyday, I'm finally his friend!
After the baptism, we had lunch at the Thomas' house. It was fun chatting with my cousins. Once 1:30 rolled around, it was my turn to watch Jayne. She was a bit overwhelmed by all the people in her house, so she wasn't too happy. I don't blame her though.
Once 4:30 rolled around, I went home to celebrate Morgan's birthday. Well part 1! We had Xaviers, a family favorite mexican restaurant. I strongly recommend if you live in the valley.
As soon as we were done eating, we hurried over to MCC for Nate's musical performance.
Oh and some of my cute cousins were in it too.
At one part, the kids came down to the audience. My cousin Lucy was by my dad, telling him to stand. He figured everyone was up dancing, so he got up. When he was done, he realized no one else was really up, so he turned bright red. It was hilarious!
You can always count on Alie to get up and dance!
The performance was pretty long, but it was a good show! Once we got out of the parking lot, we went to Sugar Bowl for part 2 of Morgan's celebration. It is the cutest ice cream place in Scottsdale!
There was a ridiculously long line, so that meant pictures.
This one cracks me up! It wasn't posed.
Sugar Bowl is always a fav.
Sunday was another early morning. My mother and I drove the Thomas family to the airport, so we had to be there rather early. After we dropped them off, I continued to watch Jayne til 1. As soon as my shift was over, I rushed home to get ready and go to church. I haven't been to my real singles ward all summer, but I chose the right week to go! We were combined with another ward, so there were a ton of people there! It was a party!
Once church was over, we finished celebrating Morgan's birthday with dinner, cake and presents. Oh and of course everyone saying one thing they love about her. Most people cheated and said several things. She is just that lovable.
She loved all my snap chats. Btw, HBD means Happy Birthday.
Grandpa showed us how to tie a scarf. Haha! Germany taught him well.
I was snap chatting someone, but Alie was sharing a chair with me. So she was just a part of the conversation.
Did I mention how much Nathan loves Payson??
After most people were gone, I dipped and went to Vanita's for a game night. We played my favorites, catch phrase and 4 dudes on a couch. Of which girls mainly won!
Monday I spent the first half of the morning being lazy in bed. DJ is out of town, so Alie and I graciously took over his bed. I did eventually go to work for 4 hours which consisted of many drives, and Jayne skinny dipping in the pool. Whatever, she is a kid, right?
Once I got off work, I went over to Vanita's and they were watching Mulan. Some of the peeps hadn't seen it! I was in shock!
Tuesday I started off my morning even more lazy. I told Alie we would watch just one Office episode, but that turned into like 6. That's what summer is for, right?
I worked with Jayne once again, and then went out for the night. I helped some people plan a 4th of july camping trip (which I most likely can't go on), then we played a game called Wizard. It is similar to a game my family plays, Rage. It definitely calls for strategy, and thinking, so I love it! Oh and I won, just to top it off! :)
While we were playing the game, Jordan pulled out some South America drink that they loved on their missions. You make this juice, then pour it in some plant. The juice was really good, but the plant was a little weird for me. But I did try it!
Wednesday I made my family take a hike with me. My grandpa hikes South Mountain every week, and I've been wanting to hike, so it was perfect! The only downfall was that we had to wake up at 5! The night before, Alie couldn't sleep, so she said, "hey you are staying up with me if I have to go hiking". So we talked til 3 in the morning. When 5 rolled around, I surprisingly got up fine! In fact I was kind of chipper. Alie was not too happy with me though.
This was Alie's snap chat.
It was so beautiful!
They all made it, and mom made us a delicious breakfast! Now that everyone has taken a nap, I think they like me again. :)
Those are all my happenins for now!






























0 comments:
Post a Comment