July 17, 2014

So basically the week of the 7th (two weeks ago), I was pretty unproductive. So I don't have much to share. My dad was in London for work (yes I was extremely jealous), and the rest of my family went to the cabin. Since I had to work, I was stuck at home.

My mom left me with my fav though!



I did do some fun things too! 

1. I finally saw "The Fault In Our Stars"! I was iffy about seeing it when it came out, because I knew I would be a wreck. I decided to read the book first. I made it through the book and decided I could see the movie. My old roommate Marissa, ended up calling me asking to see it with her! It worked out perfectly! We got to catch up for a little and cry our eyes out. I actually held myself together pretty well, but it was still a really sad movie.

2. I visited Morgan and Payson AND finally saw their apartment! Took me two months to get there, but I finally saw it! The best part was getting to talk to them one-on-one. Whenever they come over, they are bombarded by everyone, so I don't really get a chance to have a real conversation.


3. I killed my phone. I had to park my car outside of the circle, all the way across the street, and I was little peeved. To top if off, I dropped my phone while getting out of my car. It fell face down and totally shattered the screen. It was internally broken. The screen wouldn't work at all. Thankfully, I got a new phone the next day.


4. I did a lot of "eating out". One night Vanita and I got Tai food and then ate at a park, making it a picnic. Another night we went to Chick Fil A for a quick dinner. We didn't realize it was "dress like a cow day and get free food". So we were definitely the outcasts. Also the cow terrified me. I tried to play it cool but he kept standing next to me. It was awful. 



The rest of the time, was spent playing Wizard and binge watching One Tree Hill. I basically made it through one season in 3 days. It is summer though, so no judging! We all know I go into crazy busy mad woman when school starts.




This past week has been a little more productive.

On Sunday, my mom was a saint (like always) and she watched Jayne the last hour so I could go to Vanita's ward. Church was good but to top it off, Dalton was teaching Sunday School. He tends to call us out, so it forces me to stay on my toes. After sunday school, a man came up and started talking to us. Turns out he had been drunk the past few days and decided he should go to church. He just started driving and decided to come into ours. He told us about his story and Chadwin (being a RM) gave him a Book of Mormon and a brief overview about it. We will see if anything comes out of it. I was proud of my friends for being good missionaries though! :)


Sunday evening, we/my family played a game of Rage. It's been awhile since we have all played it, so it was fun. Although I hate playing with a lot of people because it moves so slow. Later that evening, we were graced with rain, so Alie and I played in it! It's been awhile since i truly danced in the rain. It was very therapeutic.




Monday I took the kids swimming at my neighbor's pool. It is quite the attraction with a rock slide, and a tree to jump off of. Always calls for a good time. Pictured only shows the baby slide. 




Monday evening was home run derby, so that meant hot dogs and watching it for FHE. I participated for about 10 minutes until Jayne was ready to leave. When I came back home, the boys were watching 24, so the girls started the Bachelorette. 


Tuesday I treated myself to one of my favs, Paradise Bakery. It's been at least 4 months since I last went, so it was time long over due! Later that day, I got something really fun called a chemical peel. Basically they put a ton of chemicals on your face. All the skin eventually peels off and it starts over. It starts out like a sun burn, but for me, I was orange. It looked like I had foundation that was just not my color. 



Later that evening, we had a girls night at Madi's house. She made THE BEST COOKIES EVER. So freakin good! We also watched Pitch Perfect and talked like girls do.  


Wednesday started extremely early- 4:40 AM! That is RIDICULOUS! My dad invited us to go on a bike ride. I was ready to bail when 4:42 came around, but Alie had to go. I kept her up til 2 the night before, so it wasn't fair to make her suffer. So I put on the stupid helmet and went on the ride. We went even further this time- Pecos and Gilbert! Just a few miles over and we would have hit the Gilbert Temple! By 9:30 AM I was back asleep. 

Later that evening Vanita and I went out to eat again. We took a little trip out to Tempe/ASU Territory to eat at Tai Basil. I fell in love! It was really good and we had excellent service! I definitely recommend it! 


Thursday I woke up at 7 to help my mother take her care to get some maintenance. Stupid people tried to lie about what the car needed. I hate that car dealerships have the stereotype of being liars, but I especially hate when they prove it true. It infuriates me. 

When we got home, I decided I should do something other than Netflix, so I picked up Work and the Glory! I started the series my junior year of high school and have still not finished! I always get distracted with other books, and school. I am finally on the last book though so I have to finish! It really is a good series, just super long! 

Later I went to work like always. Jayne graced me with throw up. The one thing I can't clean up. I did it though. I am officially ready to be a mother now. Not really, but I have faced my fear. 

I finished off the night with swimming with the kids again at my neighbors. 



My weeks are slowly getting more and more productive! Time to slowly get myself ready for the reality of school and life! 

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. I just thought Id let you know that One Tree Hill is the greatest thing thats ever happened. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maddy, I'm so glad you love it! I'm kinda obsessed right now!

      Delete
    2. I binge watched it all before I went to school last summer. haha Its too impossibly good.

      Delete

Back
to top