Back in the Dirty-T

Not only am I back from my trip but I am also back in the Dirty-T.

Thursday we traveled back to Mesa, arrived home to a delicious dinner (props to dad and the kids), got my school blessing, unpacked, repacked and then headed off to say goodbye to some friends.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Friday I woke up at a decent hour and drove to Tucson. Not going to lie, I had a hard time. I did better than the year before- I didn't cry. Although every time a song came on that reminded me of summer, I had a longing to stay in Mesa.

I finally made it by 10:40 ish, unloaded my car, then I had to run off to a job training even though I have already been working there for a semester. Luckily my friend, Ellen (Deaf Studies friend) was there with me AND we got snacks. Oh and before I went to the training I stopped at the Institute to get a parking pass. I only saw the teachers, but I already felt back at home. They are all my parents away from home. LOVE THEM.


Around 3, Annabeth convinced me to go the UA kick off with her and Syd. First we stopped at the Institute and learned a little line dance to help Sister Stout teach it that night at the 70's dance.

The kick off was a mini carnival.

1)We got spray on tattoos
2)Mini pizza
3)Got coke shirts with coke and a picture
4)One of Syd's students even rode the mechanic bull
5) To top it off, it started pouring in the middle of the carnival.


Being back in Tucson ups my school pride. 

After the kick-off Steph finally arrived so we helped her unload her car. She left shortly after for dinner and we went to the Institute for the 70's dance. We had to partner dance (which wasn't my fav) but after we did a line dance that made up for it. After all the dancing, we had ice cream and EJ met up with us. 

The rest of the night we all just chatted about our life and summer. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Saturday consisted of just a million errands. I will spare you the details. One important fact: we did get our Zona Zoo shirts and now I am so excited for our first game on Friday!! 


Anyway that evening we had a "back to school" dinner at BJs. 


(ignore my demon eyes)

PSA: THEY HAVE A NEW PAZZOKIE.

I have yet to try it but it sounds really good! I just didn't have enough room for it. 


Once we got back we had a quick little clean up and then some friends came over for a game night. We played our typical game of "What if", which never gets old in my opinion. 



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sunday. 

Quite the eventful day for me. 

I ended up being called as the Relief Society 2nd counselor. I left that meeting feeling very inadequate and scared. In fact I was terrified. I didn't want to be in FHE again but it was at least something I knew how to do. Oh and the minute I walked out of that door, I was asked to say the closing prayer. Seriously? 

I had to stand up and be released from my old calling, then sustained in my new one. Once I sat down, I had a feeling of peace. It was definitely needed and a blessing. 

Sacrament meeting itself was really good. I needed the lessons that were taught and the hymns were all spot on. 

For Sunday School we were split into groups and rotated through topics. I didn't participate in the topics at all because I was mingling. But isn't that the hidden purpose of that activity anyway? 

For third hour, most of the hour was spent going around introducing ourselves. We only had about 20 minutes after all the introductions, so we had a speedy lesson. 


Once church was over we took a picture in honor of the first Sunday and because we took one last year. 




We now have early church so we got done at 12. Which is weird after having 1 o clock church last year. It was great having the whole day though. 

We started up Sunday roomie dinner again and Steph set the bar high. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top