Our flight left at 6 am this morning, which meant we had to leave at 3:45 to pick up Morgan and Payson. I got 40 minutes of sleep and my mom pulled an all nighter, so we were pretty exhausted. After two trips to Paradise Bakery, and a long talk with a cute old lady about her quilt contest, we finally got on the plane. Best news ever: The Amazing Spiderman 2 was playing. I hadn't seen it yet, so I was enthused. Well after about an hour, I knew I needed to go to sleep, so I still need to finish it later.
We arrived around 2 their time and our new BFF Michael picked us up and drove us to the hotel. There was some major traffic but I loved taking in the city. I fell in love with it.
The hotel is HUGE. You have to type in what floor your room is, and then it assigns you an elevator.
Anyway we took our bags up, freshened up/got ready for the day, and then hit the city!
We ran into the man of New York himself!
We found somewhere to eat, checked out the M & M world and then started the real touring! Thankfully Payson has a great sense of direction and so he helped us figure out which way to go.
We walked over to the Rockefeller Center to go up to the top. On the way over we hit the flea market, so we checked out some of the vendors.
The city is so busy, but I absolutely love it. It gives me energy. I should be dead from only getting 3 hours of sleep but I was so alive. This place gives me adrenaline. Too bad it is too expensive to actually live here.
We eventually made it to the Rock and went all the way up. The view was amazing.
After our exploring, we went to Mongolia Cafe for their banana pudding, only to find out they wouldn't have it for another 2 hours. So instead we walked back to our hotel and got cheesecake from a bakery across the street.
I am so ready for day 2! This place really is always lit up, it makes me want to go back out and play! :)




kay youre the cutest thing ever. And I am so completely jealous. haha
ReplyDelete