August 29, 2014

I haven't been too good about blogging because my week has been rather slow. I only had class 3 times this week (8 including all my institute classes), and other than class, I didn't do much. I allowed myself to stay in bed til about 9 every morning. Then I would slowly get ready while catching up on some of my shows. Anyway here are some highlights when I actually left mi casa. 


1. We had our Tuesday PLL/Chipotle night. We even ate it there, which never happens. PLL was pretty crazy but only because it was the finale. Usually nothing happens but we are left needing to finish the stupid show anyway. It was still fun watching it with the roomies and Maddy. 

2. I joined the Institute Choir. I am not a particularly good singer but I really like singing. So I joined! It helps that Annabeth goes to the Tuesday night choir class, and then Steph will be with us when we sing all together (she is in the Wednesday class). 

3. I called home half a million times to check on mi familia and because I missed them. They had a fun week going to the D-backs game and helping Morgan pack up for Idaho. 

4. Finally by Wednesday I had my class with all my friends in my program. It made my heart so happy to see everyone. I almost cried. Haha. I just love them. 

5. I went shopping with Steph to help her find a dress for her talk on Sunday (also to look for myself). Can I just say that the Forever 21 in Tucson Mall is one of the best?! Kind of random but it's true. I love their Forever. 

6. I was able to check off one Tucson Native Restaurant. Shout out to my cousin TJ for the recommendation of Diablo Burger. 



It was cute and the food was yummy. As bonus it was in downtown Tucson. I realized I need to spend more time exploring downtown because there are a lot of hidden treasures there! 

7. I am back volunteering at Miles, a school with a mix of deaf and hearing students. I love it there. This is my third time volunteering and I get credit for it! Best part is it replaces a class I did NOT want to take. I started my hours today and already fell back in love. A lot of the students remembered me (from a year ago) and greeted me with many hugs. Another student told me I seem nice. Kids are da best. I am excited for another semester at Miles. 



8. Best for last...GAME DAY!!!! 

Games are usually on Saturdays but I loved having it on a school day. It's so fun seeing everyone in their UA attire and so pumped up! Everyone around the institute was wearing their new Zona Zoo (student section) shirts. So of course it called for a picture with some of my favorites. 



Around 4:40 I headed over to the UA Mall to meet up with Taylor. Syd's family was driving down to Tucson for the game and had some car troubles about 20 minutes outside of Tucson. So Steph and Syd went to go save the day. When I got to the mall, Natalie showed up a few minutes later so we checked out the tailgate a little bit. We got some free food and I got some UA shoe laces. 

We waiting in line an hour and then finally got in the stadium only to wait another 90 minutes for the game to start. But hey, that's a part of the process, right? It's actually a good thing we got there so early because it ended up being sold out. 



The first half of the game, everyone had so much energy, which made it so much fun! 
By the 4th quarter everyone was especially gone but that just gave us our 2nd wind. Especially with all our space to dance. :) 




We killed em 58-13! 

Tonight was good. I love all the little chants, songs and traditions that come along with UA football games. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top